• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone own a Phantek Enthoo Primo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

On_Point

Hi, just wondering if anyone owned this case?

Im trying to install some fans on it and failing badly. The manual shows the case holding 6 fans up top. But I dont know if this is even possible or if that setup is only meant for a radiator. (Even though manual does not show a radiator)

Also the fans I got are 140mm Bitfenix Spectre Pros
Now these come with some rubber anti-vibration rivet things, and I cant even figure out how those work lol
Or perhaps they will not fit in this setup, because the top of the case does not have standard screw "holes" Not really sure how to describe it

Any help would be great...really dont want to waste these fans :confused:

The top that case holds 4 120mm fans or 3 140mm fans according to their website, newegg, and any review I looked up(3). In a push pull with a radiator that is obviously 6/8.

Perhaps take a picture of these non standard screw 'holes' so those that do not have this case may be able to help you.

OCFinsertimages.png

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reply. From what I read the case can have 3 140mm at the top or 4 120mm

I am adding a pic of what the case looks like from the top....this has the included 140mm fan mounted from the bottom but you can see the space at the top for the second set of fans

Im also adding a pic of these rivet things and the image shown in the maual for these fans.

Attachments

• IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 283
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 283
I don't see 6 fans from that diagram... 4 120mm and 3 140mm is what that shows. No idea what those 'floating fans' are off to their right, LOL!

As far as mounting the fans, I am not sure what your question is honestly. There are no holes as you said but it is quite clear to me how to mount them...

Yea you can have 4 120mm or 3 140mm fans up there
The thing is there is space for 2 sets of fans. And I was wondering if I can use 2 sets without a radiator.

But I think I just found out I cant.
Check out this video:

Im still confused about the rubber rivets tho lol
If I feed it through the fan is the rubber ring meant to go on the other side and hold it in place?

"2 sets" as in four 120mm fans or six 140mm fans. You can sort of see it in that video.
I found some images of it from the top, has one 140mm fan mounted to the top of the case from the inside.

But this case also has an opening all along the top where you can place another "set of fans" from outside the case.

Hope these makes it clearer:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-NqYZtoRQ9zk/UkcXgL64hVI/AAAAAAAAGq0/TKO7ckWsXas/s800/DSC08213.JPG :D
http://reviewthetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/top.jpg
http://benchmarkreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Enthoo_Primo_9.jpg

And no the fans did not come with instructions. I even found some people asking how to use this on Bitfenix forums lol

Thanks for the guide, I will read it and try to make some sense of this. :thup:
Baffled by such a simple tool :rofl:

Take a look at the pic at the bottom of my post. That shows exactly what will fit in the 120 form factor at the top of the case. As well as locations for other fans throughout. You can either have 3 140 at the top, or 4 120...

Attachments

• primo.jpg
    primo.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 303
Yea I already said that sobe. But if you have a look at the pics I put in my last post you will see the space im talking about.
But from watching the video I posted, im prety sure the space is there to be used for push/pull config with a radiator. Becuase I dont think you can just mount "2 sets of fans" like I was saying.
Meaning a push/pull config without a radiator...

So you are basically asking about setting another set of fans to run in series in the upper area then.

Theoretically the CFM would be unchanged but the pressure would increase... I'm going to assume you are water cooling since you picked up a Primo, you can use longer mounting screws to attach the top of the radiator with the fans in that top area, while also attaching fans below the rad for push/pull.

You can run fans in series if you like, but I don't think I'd do that myself.

But, since you said without a radiator... what would be the point aside from more noise? That seems counterproductive.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 239
Becuase I dont think you can just mount "2 sets of fans" like I was saying.
Meaning a push/pull config without a radiator...
You talking about piggybacking two fans together?

If there is not a radiator in between, there is not point in doing that.

Ok thanks guys, it does seem pointless now putting 2 fans basically on top of eachother lol

And about the anti-vibration rivets, it seems you basically force the thing through by pulling from the other side. But im not sure where that little rubber ring goes that you can see in my pic.

the little rubber ring is in caes the holes your going thru are a lot bigger than the nub on the end it basically a washer to help offset the size. Those fans should of come with screws as well. just use those imho.

I'm running 13 spectre pro's in my switch 810 of the 140mm variety. There great not super loud at full tilt but noticeable. And move air quite well. When I switch over to the Enthoo Primo I'll be upgrading them to the 140MM PWN flavor for better rad performance.

OMG they are just spares to offset the size?! I was mainly trying to figure out where those went if I pulled the rivet through.
This makes things a lot less complicated....LOL

Im also using 140mm spectre pros. Just wondering what do you mean by PWN flavor?
Sorry if this also really obvious :p

Last edited:
they make spectre pro's in PWM now with a bit more static pressure for thos of us who use them on rads. PWM gives you speed monitoring and control via a 4th wire. Not that I'm going to utalize that function I just want the higher static pressure they offer

Oh cool. I just checkked those out and they're actually cheaper than the normal specre pros where I got them lol.

Btw do any of you know how to remove the bottom fan bracket thing? I have read the manual...but it dont really say how to remove, just shows the different fan configs you can have there.

I also watched some videos, in one of them the guy just removes it but its not clear if he removed some screws off camera.

Any ideas?

I'm sure there should be some screws you have to remove I'm betting screws were removed off camera to save rendering time and showing the obvious.

Back