• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone planning on getting the Asus P67 Sabertooth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Digital 8+2 power phase design..." :attn:

Nope!

I'm a bit confused by a higher end board including fewer phases myself, but one of the other features of this board is that they are using higher end components, so maybe that makes up for it?

TUF chokes, solid capacitors, and MOSFETs--certified through third-party, military-grade testing. TUF Chokes, also known as the “Alloy Choke”, is a made of a compound of various types of metal instead standard iron, enables the support of up to a massive 40A of rated current, 25% higher than conventional component.

They should have put the cpu power at the top of the list. The military spec is just window dressing if DIGI+ VRM isn't up to the same capability of their 12+2 Pro or even 16+2 Deluxe board.

I guess we'll see when we can compare more OC results.

Maybe its not intended to be an overclocking board, but rather just a really tough can go anywhere and operate in much harsher environments at stock clocks than other boards?

It would be interesting to see the board stuffed into a hot box and see how it compares in there compared to a standard board, kind of like what some review sites do with PSUs.

They should have put the cpu power at the top of the list. The military spec is just window dressing if DIGI+ VRM isn't up to the same capability of their 12+2 Pro or even 16+2 Deluxe board.

Well the Maximus IV is only 8+3, so there's got to be more to it. No way they're using a less oc firendly and stable setup on their flagship than on the deluxe, evo, pro...

I agree,I am considering the ASROCK EXTREME6,it has 16+2 Phase and a molex connector for PCI-E..I like that feature on my P55 FTW..

Air from the CPU fan circulates between the vest and board to cool it. Looks like a nice setup for air cooled systems, but I'm water cooled.

In the video on the newegg site they are showing that you can mount an additional fan on the "jacket" that should allow for forced air into it (or out of it?) - also the thermal layout of this board is very intriguing - something like 9 sensors that using ASUS software will show temperature distribution, hot spots and areas that may need additional cooling - MIL-Spec components are a nice addition too.

Back