• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Anyway to do this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

I just installed a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo that has a 4 pin fan. Is there anyway to run the fan at full speed constantly? I set the BIOS to PWM for the fan and Cool N Quiet is disabled. This is used in an Asus M4A79T Deluxe.

Disabling Cool N Quiet just prevents your cpu from throttling, kinda like turning off intel speedstep. You should look for something in the bios more related to Q-Fan, that has an option to set fan speed to full.

I disabled Q-Fan and now the fan is running at 1850 rpm. I hope this will keep my CPU cooler. Thanks for the info.

Once it was enabled, there were 3 settings. Performance-optimal and something else. I had it on performance but that didn't do it.

Hey so those modes ramp the fan up depending on the temp of your CPU and they usually consider 70c to be the high side. Custom is what you usually want if your mobo supports it. Then you do something like set it at the lowest speed at 40c and then max it out at 60c.

Some do whats called target as well which I havn't seen in a long time but thats where if its below target then it runs it at its minimum which a lot of the time is between 40-60 but now a lot of board can go down to 20 with pwm mode. If above the target temperature it would speed up until it met the target temperature or the fan was maxed out.

If yours has target temp mode then set it to 55-60c

The really isn't much of a reason to run the fan full out all the time especially since I think that fan is a Blademaster and those things get pretty noticable once they get over 1600RPM and thats really the plus side as well. That fan performs very well between 1300-1600RPM and is quite tollerable but once you max it out EWWW.

Back