• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aorus gaming 7 x370 with F10 strange dynamic v-core values

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FriX

Recently I built a pc with an Aorus gaming 7 x370 a ryzen 1800x 32 gb of g-skill flare x dual channel 3200mhz.
No problems updated the bios at F10 I noticed strange v-core spike (also 1.45) and on average around 1.32 v with default settings in the processor.
It does not cause me any problems but I would like to understand if it is a normal thing with this motherboard and if it is caused (as I believe) by the performance boost or if it would be better to flashback the mobo to the F4.
In my opinion 1.45 seems to me an excessive voltage even for a quite heavy overclocking even if they are just almost imperceptible temporary spikes.
Temps are fine with a 25° room my idle is around 38° and 60 medium load (gaming in ultra + rendering a video + net surfing . But i noticed that can reach very quickly 75° (trottling temp with k7) with cinebench r15 . I still think that is this issue.

Last edited:
That's actually quite normal on most boards when dealing with the "X" variants. They have that 4.1 boost with XFR. My 1600X will show the same spikes as long as Boost is enabled in BIOS. Are you sure the throttling is temperature related and not a current limitation of the VRM. I'm not familiar with the Gigabyte BIOS but there mat be a setting in there to overcome that throttling. The CPU is OK up to 95°

Really not a problem at all. Just run it and enjoy. I ran my last 1700X at a little over 4 GHz on all cores with the Vcore set at 1.435V. Ran stable and never over 80C with my Corsair H100 controlling temps nicely.

what stress test did you have used to check the stability?

Back