• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AP/Wireless Router - For Small Business...Which do you Recommend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beginner

hi guys,

small business wants to add wireless connectivity.

they have an EnGenius EN210EXT which i am having problems setting up(unit may be damaged).

is their another ap/wireless that i can use instead? they are looking for a range of up to 1000 feet.

at the moment i am using an older router with a repeater(my own).

sorry for being so vague..

the small business is a snack bar.. my baby brother plays little league baseball.

the snack bar is centrally located to all of the baseball diamonds. they want to go wireless for their board and score keeping. right now they are using cable and its a mess.

i originally donated my router and set up a couple of repeaters but the range was not very reliable.. it would connect at 100% then occasionally drop.

is there a simple router i can use that has long distance range.. 1000 feet? or do any of you guys have a router i can buy from you?

please check heatware..

thanks again guys

I don't think you're going to find a router capable of reliably broadcasting a signal 1000ft in all directions. You might get lucky with something that broadcasts directionally, but that doesn't seem to be what you're going for since the business is centrally located. There may be some units out there that make that claim, but I bet they're expensive and probably don't work as well as they say they do.

Back