• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apex Legends (Battle Royale)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've seen a few quick "user reviews" (as in just comments here and there) saying it's pretty good. Personally never got into the BR craze, but sounds like EA listened to the criticism of other games to improve upon Apex before launch.

Futuristic CoD FTW. Might give it a go when i'm done with replaying the new Wolfenstein, video below shows a link from the company stating that EA had nothing to do with the development of the game (~2m55s), so it might actually turn out to be a gem :rofl:

Its solid so far.... I have a couple hours in it. I like the mechanics all around and better than cod's leveling system...(rich get richer).

How does it compare to pubg? Also I lost all my online pals, anyone wanna share discord deets? I play pubg and BFV.

Its incredibly smooth compared to PUBG. By that I mean movement-wise, combat, and even the inventory interface. I like it so far! I also like the fact that you can res your teammates if they have been thirsted. The map design is amazing as well.

I fell asleep somewhere during the tutorial but it's by the same team that did the FANTASTICALLY unsuccessful Titanfall 2.

I fell asleep somewhere during the tutorial but it's by the same team that did the FANTASTICALLY unsuccessful Titanfall 2.

I loved Titanfall 2 (i'm a mech-head), decent story and good graphics - but especially because it ran flawlessly @75fps 1080p max settings on my 8370/1060, like Wolfenstein/DOOM :clap:

played a handful of rounds so far. Seems pretty decent, have gotten some kills, watching the stream of the person that killed you/them/etc is pretty interesting too.

What's the different between this game and PUBG?
Apex is more polished in my opinion. Movement is smoother. That and as I understand it, many quality of life things that people like.

It is like if you combined pubg, overwatch (as you have classes/heroes)

Tried to play it twice, once it crashed while loading and once while joining after the tutorial. Maybe an AMD driver issue

ive been playing it on the weekends, my origin is wagex if anyone wants to add me though i usually have a full party

Seems to be working fine for me now, not sure why it crashed the first two times. It's a lot of fun and fixes a lot of minor annoyances with pubg. Auto equiping weapons mods, easily seeing what ammo you're using, landing together, communication which is huge. The pinging system is amazing. I'm still not the best at battle royale games in general, and I'm not entirely sold on the amount of scavenging/running around to fighting. Although it is true that the fights themselves are intense and seem to have more meaning which makes them a lot of fun.

yeah, agreed. over the weekend myself and two other randoms finished second (my highest, but I've played probably ~15 machines total). Was pretty intense, fun when people cooperate and revive (and wait to be revived, etc)

Back