• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Applying folder view preferences to groups of folders?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

Searching for this is a bit cumbersome, so I come here.

C:\users\10167\here\

I want to apply a specific view to all folders within "here". That view is list. I don't want files listed for all folders on the computer, and I'd rather not have to do it for each folder within "here" because there are something like 140.

What's the easiest way to do this? Windows gives me "Optimize this folder for:" general, documents, music, pictures, videos, but it won't let me set the parameters for what "documents" is, nor will it let me make my own style.

:(

For which operating system? For post Windows XP, View > Options > View TAB has Apply to Folders:

ApplyToFOlders.png

For Windows XP, there is a Folder-Subfolder Views Setting script which doesn't work on later operating systems:

Attachments

• Folder-Subfolder Views Setting.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 8
I figured it out.

If someone is in C:\users\10167\here\ and sets that folder how they want all child folders to look, and then goes to "view- apply to folders" it will do it only for that folder and all child folders, not every drive on the computer. Windows could not have made that less clear, but whatever.
horay

Last edited:
Back