• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

April 9th Price Cut

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man, I never thought I would see dual core under $100, and bam! AMD has their offering for a meager 65 bucks. Those things clock nicely, too.

wow that's too much,,,,,The 5600+ cost me $329.00 couple of days ago and its now selling for $199.00....Only if I waited for couple of days I be having some $130.00 my old lady Lexus tonight.

At $75 someone would need a specific and worthy reason NOT to go dual core, and to stay with single core [if upgrading or building new]. That's a far cry from what the 3800+ X2 was back in the day.

ughhh i just bought my x2 5200 from newegg @ $205.99 last week and now the x2 5600 is priced @ $175.99 wtf... :cry: :bang head :mad:

i wonder if i should return it or is it even worth returning... is newegg strict on thier return policy for refunds if they are over the 7 day period? :shrug: :confused:

i love price slashes!!! :thup: :clap: EVERYTHING MUST GO :attn:

Titanos said:
ughhh i just bought my x2 5200 from newegg @ $205.99 last week and now the x2 5600 is priced @ $175.99 wtf... :cry: :bang head :mad:

i wonder if i should return it or is it even worth returning... is newegg strict on thier return policy for refunds if they are over the 7 day period? :shrug: :confused:

i love price slashes!!! :thup: :clap: EVERYTHING MUST GO :attn:
just get a newegg rep and talk to them if it was just last week. i have heard they will credit the difference, not sure if they do that still.

Evilsizer said:
just get a newegg rep and talk to them if it was just last week. i have heard they will credit the difference, not sure if they do that still.
Just saw a disclaimer about that some where saying, sorry due to industry volatility we can not guarantee prices after purchase once shipped.

Lovely, just lovely. I'm gonna stay faithful to AMD and buy a new chip soon, even though I own a nice OC'ed one already. Hopefully they have enough support from there retail consumers to hold them out till things start lookin better for them. Go AMD!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry Intel, I like your product and I respect them for there power, but I'm strictly AMD until until they start makin pure CRAP!!!!!!

Just saw the 4800+ 65nm for $139, that the chip i'll be ordering this weekend. Let you guys know how far I get. What are good stepping for this chip?

Evilsizer said:
x2's still need more L2 cache then what they have now.

That's the only reason I'm not saving up for another cheap X2 box. Most everything I do loves L2 and my old X2 3800+ chokes on it anymore. It was good a year to 6 months ago, but that L2 deficiency in comparison to my E63/4300 has been showing up recently.

Still may consider one of these for a replacement to my HTPC though. It's a very good price/performance ratio for most everyone.

Jon said:
That's the only reason I'm not saving up for another cheap X2 box. Most everything I do loves L2 and my old X2 3800+ chokes on it anymore. It was good a year to 6 months ago, but that L2 deficiency in comparison to my E63/4300 has been showing up recently.

Still may consider one of these for a replacement to my HTPC though. It's a very good price/performance ratio for most everyone.
i almost bought the X2 3800+ with ecs 6100 for $89. It would have been good just to get a standalone folding rig up and going.

There is a 939 3700BN I think those are the E4 stepping for $50.00 at ewiz.
If these dual cores get any cheaper I wont be able to resist.
I just overclocked my 3700 to 2640 MHZ 1.35 Vcore.

Back