• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

APU Cooling (noise sensitive)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerkasaurusRex

I have an A6 5400k I do not plan on overclocking. I plan on overclocking just the memory so I can get a video boost. I am using a Silverstone PS07 mATX case. Ambient temperatures in the winter are about 20C. The summer ambient is about 27C. I am torn between cooling options.

I was at first considering the Prolimatech Genesis since it would cool the memory as well. I was planning on pairing it with two Gentle Typhoon AP-14s.

Then I realized some corsair water options were cheaper or comparable in price and now I am considering an H60.

I was also going to use Gentle Typhoon AP-13 as my case fans.

Which would be better bang for buck or performance? Any other suggestions for quiet options? My computer is in the bedroom which is why noise is important to me.

Thanks!

get a Prolimatech Megahalem with two noctua nf p12 pwm fans or two Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition and you're in buisness

The manufacturer stats on the noctua fans look good in terms of noise/CFM but how truthful is it? A lot of people prefer Gentle Typhoon on this forum. Any reason why? Also, 140mm fans would give me more CFM per dba on the heatsink.

Also, why the Megehalem over the Genesis if I am not going to be overclocking the CPU? Would it not make more sense to have that extra bit over the RAM or am I missing something?

noise about 85% true. cfm..i dunno but probably again true. the GT`s are good no doubt about it ,but i find them on the lout side and the manufacturer DB figures are BS. My gt`s @1300 are louder than my noctuas @1300 and they get about the same cfm. As for ram cooling you can get a pair of Arctic Cooling RC Pro ram coolers (they get the job done)

Back