• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

APU vs Quad Core.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think he was just talking about the concept of Hyperthreading in general there. :p

Lol, this thread is just a mess of misunderstandings.

Yet another Frakk'd up thread. :rofl:

EDIT: Using the Battlestar Galactica meaning, not saying anything else... just mere coincidence here people.. :rofl:

All I was trying to say was, regardless of all the technical terms and what not, a 2 core/4 thread CPU is slightly worse, but roughly equal to a 2 module/4 core CPU. :p

On the contrary i think this will have helped the OP a lot.

How? Will arguing over the nuances of architecture help the OP? They perform close to the same, both can OC (one with more work) it comes down to cost. They i3 has the advantage of intel quick sync so that's helpful.

Overall this is not helping, given the budget anything in the price range will do okay. PERIOD.

Yeah, I think the OP said thanks back at post #4 and likely went on to get his stuff.

How? Will arguing over the nuances of architecture help the OP? They perform close to the same, both can OC (one with more work) it comes down to cost. They i3 has the advantage of intel quick sync so that's helpful.

Overall this is not helping, given the budget anything in the price range will do okay. PERIOD.

Wait. whose arguing? i did not know discussing the pros and cons of CPU's was arguing, maybe you were arguing? i wasn't, i was simply stating facts. :)

Knowing whats inside the CPU's, how they work and what they can do is useful information to anyone, its one of the reasons this forum exists.

Fact is you pay over time with bulldozer. You may be able to oc... But what's the point when the power consumption goes through the roof for very little gain.. You end up losing heat and energy. Performance vs watt wise, meh. The z77 platform gives him a better upgrade path. Also if he wanted to upgrade graphics card, but first had to sell his one for the funds, he could use the onboard igp which bulldozer doesn't have.. :shrug:.

Guys, stop it. Relax. Chill pill for everyone. This is getting heated! This is not a Bulldozer vs Sandy Bridge thread. It is a mere recommendation for a new system, so take your guns down. Thanks. :3

My point of view is get the i3. I repeat. My point of view. EXTREMELY SUBJECTIVE (well, a lil bit objective based on benchmarks and reviews and such, but, hey).

Back