• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arc reactor colored coolant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsl158

Registered
Light blue color if it needs uv lights so be it but I want a coolant that looks like what's inside the arc reactor

Get colored tubing, dyes inhibit water loop performance and stain components.

What would be a neat idea, put a black light in your computer, and use black light sensitive fluid or black light sensitive tubing. And no, just because its white doesn't mean its black light reactive! Testing may be required. Remember the effect is actual light, not simply a color.

To see the "real" version of this effect, check out cherenkov radiation. Its very neat to see in person, but youtube vids and stuff do a pretty good job of showing you.

Distilled water + Kill coil + Pt nuke and colored tubing is the way to go.

When you buy the tubing it will tell you if it is UV reactive or not.

Not a clue, sorry. I know soft tubing, but not hard. Check out the sticky threads for other information (basics you need).

I'm assuming you mean the pale/bright blue color, would this be the color you are aiming for:

ec6_bl_3.jpg

Would I need dye to make that color I was thinking the ice dragon white and some uv blue

Is there liquid in those tubes? That is the color as it would look under black light.

Those are just the empty tubes under UV light, completely empty. Took that image straight from the product page off of PPCs.

The tubing color is a UV reactive blue.

Again, dye is bad.

^This. You'll gunk up your stuff. If this is your first foray into watercooling, steer clear of dyes. If after you have some experience you feel you want to experiment with it, then try it at that point. For the first time 'round though, it's best to keep it as simple as possible.

Just remember you'll need a lot more upkeep to make sure nothing gets clogged.

I was sarcastic with my response. Clearly those are empty and "That is the color as it would look under black light"

Apparently my reading comprehension is shot today. I should have realized you were responding to the OP and not to my post. Sorry about that EarthDog.

OK thank you guys I'll take the advice thank you for the information

Back