• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Alumina???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ahh... OK, it's the Ceramic stuff they were talking about a few weeks ago that works better for high pressure applications like between Pelt and Coldplate to prevent foiling...
OK...
Looks to be a bit cheaper than Arctic Silver (due to no silver used I assume) and performs almost as well.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_alumina.htm
Peace
John

This is the only review I have seen that mentions Arctic Alumina Epoxy. FLOWERMAN at Anand and the H is working on an end user review. Since Alumina Epoxy is nonconductive, I expect it to become the thermal epoxy of choice for those that do not want to take the extra precautions necessary when using Arctic Silver Epoxy.

it is a phase change paste desigined for computer manufactures or people who dont take the hsf off all the time, it is a phase change in order to fill all the gaps the best it can thus providing good performance, it is not an epoxy, their may be an epoxy coming out but i dont sea why poeple would like to buy it if there are only going to use it once they should use the best (artic silver epoxy)

Our 2 new products are Arctic Alumina Compound and Arctic Alumina Adhesive.

Arctic Alumina Compound is a premium thermal compound and performs the same function as Arctic Silver II. The differences are that AA is made with ceramics and synthetic oils while AS2 is made with silver and silicone oil.

Arctic Alumina Compound is not a phase change pad as found on stock heatsinks. It utilizes a bit of phase change technology to improve its performance and long-term stability, but can easily be cleaned off of the CPU or heatsink later. (Unlike a melted phase change pad.)

Arctic Alumina Adhesive is a permanent thermally conductive epoxy like Arctic Silver Adhesive. It uses advanced ceramics as the thermally conductive fillers rather than the silver that Arctic Silver Adhesive uses.

Since they are ceramic based, the new Arctic Alumina Compound and Adhesive are electrical insulators and are neither conductive nor capacitive.

Nevin House
Arctic Silver, Inc.

Back