• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic liquid freezer ii 360 issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asryan

Registered
Hi,

I just got this aio. I plugged the fans on a corsair commander with a three way splitter but the commander isn't showing the fans.

Also the temperature are really bad, used to have 34c idle on my h150i and now I have 45C..

Any help would be great please

Thanks!

Are the fans running? Usually with no PWM signal the fan speed would go to max, but if you are not hearing them then it is probable that they are running at a lower speed.

I'm not well familiar with corsair products but my understanding is they are pretty proprietary. Any way to to connect to a motherboard PWM connector instead?

Hi i have realized that when i use asus ai suite I can control the pump speed of my liquid freezer ii 360. Is it safe to do so?

The only good reason to control pump flow is to eliminate noise. Shouldn't hurt anything to do so as long as you don't reduce flow to the point where your components being cooled begin to overheat or the pump stalls out due to impedence. Usually, a small reduction in rpm will cancel those annoying pump noises that happen at full speed.

Great well I don't know if its the pump or the vrm fan I hear the most since they arz controlled together. I run them at 40% to 50c and then 100% at 60c now

The Arctic Liquid Freezer has a PWM controlled pump. You can connect it to a motherboard PWM header and set some profile, although it is not a noisy pump (for example much quieter than my Corsair H105).
Idle temperatures don't really matter. They might indicate that maybe the cooler isn't mounted properly or the thermal paste application is bad. The first time I installed this cooler, the computer shut down, because one of the brackets was screwed upside down. The cooler installation isn't hard, but you always feel along the way like you're doing something wrong. The last screws are pretty annoying, very small and make too much friction with the water block.
Just connect the pump into a PWM connector and split the two fans into another connector. Should work fine. Check for load temps, not idle.

I don't really get what are those for

These adapters contain resistors that lower the voltage to the fan and slow it down. But as others have said, if the fans are PWM fans you should be able to control their speed from bios.

Back