• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are ATX PSU's going to be outdated anytime soon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I'm thinking of picking up an Antec 550 True Control, but not too sure how much longer the new LGA775 mobos will be sticking with ATX format PSU's

I was going to pick up a MAX-3 but then I heard some new mobos will be coming out this month so I'll pass on that.

I'm wondering if BTX boards will have different power plugs for the mobo. I hope not.

AudiMan said:
I'm wondering if BTX boards will have different power plugs for the mobo. I hope not.

from what ive heard other people say, the BTX boards supposedly have the 24-pin mobo plug like on server mobos

it is a different plug, and on the front page of oc.com back when btx was annonced there was a pin out guide and a how to on making an atx psu work on a btx board.

I just ordered the True Control 550. Hopefully there won't be any issues with using an adapter.

Back