• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are DDR (1) ram prices increasing??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got my 2GB Crucial Ballistix from ebay. I paid too much, but it's good RAM and was going for about the same price as the other 2GB kits on ebay.

DDR1 RAM prices ARE going up! It's all about supply and demand. Right now, Demand is up, but Supply is down. That makes prices go up.

iLLestOne said:
I have the same question as downer....

My current 2x512 oc to 296mhz, 2.5-4-4-8......I want to go to 2x1gb, but I want at LEAST pc4000....but I can't really find any :(

Any rec's on what to buy/where to find!!??!

Yea I had a hard time finding any pc4400-pc5000, had to google out of this country, but found this place selling several types of tccd. I just placed an order for some g.skill pc4800 at a fair price.

try http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/
redirects to http://www.memory-configurator.com/index.html

As someone who does look at ebay ram quite a bit, from a buyers perspective the market is absolutely crazy. Used ram will often sell for more than new prices from places like newegg, the specifications are often very vague, and to add insult to injury many vendors build a cushy profit margin into shipping. With shipping often varying from a low of $4.00 to a high of $16.00.

But every once in a blue moon a real bargain in ram will slip through and won't get bid up by crazy bidders. I just scored a gig of brand new corsair pc3200 for $43.00. You just have to be very patient--think months--and bid at the last second. It costs nothing to lose an auction but if you bid too early, all you do is kite the price for the winner---and cut your own throat in the process.

Look especially for ram that has been mis listed or goes at odd ball times. Know what you want and use the ebay search bar to look for it.

Frankly I never understood why a better used ram market has not developed.
Local computers stores don't seem to be interested---in my area classified are almost hopelessly dry desert. But it looks like some major outfits sell their used ram from system pulls back to the manufacturer. And computer shows seem to have went the way of the dodo.

On the hand, for anyone with ram to sell here, ebay is a sellers market--and a paypal account is not hard to set up. And you can set up a reserve to make sure it does not sell too low.

I never look at e-bay for RAM. Bad descriptions, dodgy sellers and no guarentees. Instead, I'd spend an extra $10 and buy stuff from an overclocking forum's trading zone. I have the best of both BH5 and TCCD, purchased from these very forums.

You might want to ask Mr.Money Tree a.k.a Reefa. He's bought about 200Gb of RAM from on here. I think he runs a search spider which sniffs out any and all instances of "BH" or "TCCD". The spider auto dibs and he buys. :) :beer:

Ok, now I have a visual of a spider with money in 6 of 8 legs. Ready to grab something on the fly.

Does anybody here remember what happened to sdram prices after ddr took off? The prices rose and never fell again, although today there is no demand. I don't see any difference in this.

LoneWolf121188 said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I spent a little over two hundred freakin' bucks for my used OCZ PC4000 5-5-5-15 2GB set on eBay. And they're just going higher. I figure this, plus a pair of 8600GTS in April should hold me off until I do a full platform upgrade sometime in Q3.

OCZ PC4000 5-5-5-15..DDR1 with DDR2 timing's..lol.
If you look around there is still some decent price's on the stuff but your right PC4000 in 2 gig kits are hard to find.Its mostly PC3200 out there now.But if you know what your looking for you can find plenty of PC3200 that will hit 250

here is some PC4000= $245
http://www.directron.com/991493.html

Last edited:
Back