• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are the APUs/FM2 Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With the FM2+ platform, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD starts releasing APU's without the integrated GPU because of the possibility of 8 cores. I don't think AMD are going any further with the AM3+ socket.

And certain GPU's like the 6570, 6650 and even 7770 can be CFX'd with some of the APU's integrated graphics.

The whole point of the fm2 is integrated graphics? Why not just create a am4 and start to do another idea, I do not see why the 8 core fx series would be the same difference?

With the FM2+ platform, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD starts releasing APU's without the integrated GPU because of the possibility of 8 cores. I don't think AMD are going any further with the AM3+ socket.

And certain GPU's like the 6570, 6650 and even 7770 can be CFX'd with some of the APU's integrated graphics.

They already release them, look at the FM2 Athlon processors.

Back