• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed [AC] Opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zanai

Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed [AC] Opinions + 2nd Question

Just been reading about the Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed [AC] generally seems to get good reviews just know if anyone had any experinces or could suggest better?

See below for 2nd question :)

Last edited:
if i could just go buy a unit and have it shipped from chilly1 or another known member this second i would, but not only does he take forever to get your stuff to you, he also told me that he wouldnt make a chiller that goes lower than -25C unless i wanted to spend lots of money on special fluid. and when i wrote him back saying that i would happily get the correct fluid for the temps. he hasnt written me back. im sure since he just didnt want to build it for whatever reason. maybe ill write him back to bug him bout it. since he didnt say no exactly.

Time4aMassiveOC said:
if i could just go buy a unit and have it shipped from chilly1 or another known member this second i would, but not only does he take forever to get your stuff to you, he also told me that he wouldnt make a chiller that goes lower than -25C unless i wanted to spend lots of money on special fluid. and when i wrote him back saying that i would happily get the correct fluid for the temps. he hasnt written me back. im sure since he just didnt want to build it for whatever reason. maybe ill write him back to bug him bout it. since he didnt say no exactly.

why do you guys think chilly1 is the epidemy or chilling or the only member of that board. There are 10 people I can think of the top of my head that build units, some of which I like more then chilly1 units and which would build you what you want.

It takes long from chilly1 only, and there is a reasonf or that, and if you dont know it then I sugest you stop talking. He has been going though some rough times right now, with everything from paypal locking all his money away to getting dangerously sick. Its not a mysteryt hat a chilly1 unit will tale a long time. But like I said he is not the only builder.

Also I hate to burst your bubble but a really good chiller costs money. You people want the world and dont want to pay for it.

Pf.Farnsworth said:
why do you guys think chilly1 is the epidemy or chilling or the only member of that board. There are 10 people I can think of the top of my head that build units, some of which I like more then chilly1 units and which would build you what you want.

It takes long from chilly1 only, and there is a reasonf or that, and if you dont know it then I sugest you stop talking. He has been going though some rough times right now, with everything from paypal locking all his money away to getting dangerously sick. Its not a mysteryt hat a chilly1 unit will tale a long time. But like I said he is not the only builder.

Also I hate to burst your bubble but a really good chiller costs money. You people want the world and dont want to pay for it.

eh, its not like ive ordered from him, all i know is that the every post ive read always says it took a long time.

i dont think he's the end all beat all, but more people know about him than anyone else. if i knew others id PM them over at XS and ask them as well.

eh, and whats this about bursting bubbles lmao. overclocking is expensive, if you have no money go buy a dell and put a videocard in it.

Since your are building a chiller I would assume you would have done some reaserch reading the liquid chilling section of XS. Then you would have seen people that have built perfessional looking chillers and sold them thus knowing someone other then Chilly1 to contact :rolleyes:
Heck one of the better builders posts on this board ocationly but he has several big projects going on right now.

hmm, ive never seen a chiller that looked good. but then again maybe its due to them losing most of thier pictures. i was under the impression that it was a rarely ordered item. everyone always wants DD from what i could see. if someone built a chiller, it was all strewn out all over the place. if i had seen someone who built a nice chiller that hinted in the slightest that they would build another ida talked to them.

any specific names of people that build chillers? i know of runmc and chilly1.

and yeah ive spend a good amount of time in the liquid chilling section its cool there lol

you have a link to a nice chiller setup that someone made, that they will replicate?

by the way i thought it was kinda funny that within the half year since your join date you have posted nearly double the amount i have in my 1&1/2 years heh you have posted nearly 2 times as much in 1/3 of the time lol you posted in 1 month what i posted in 6 months

thats just too funny

Last edited:
Ahh.. I have had an intrest in this subject for around 18 years and no one to talk to about it ;) :p

jinu117 can build a mean chiller, but he's working on a cascade, and autocascade, doing some cooling experiments right now (cap tubes with high preasure gasses being one of them), and got appointed mod in the vapor phase change area recently..
I guess you could always ask though :D

I'll make you any chiller you want after I am done with mine, with which I will proove a powerfull, power efficient chiller, can be made small and pretty. Just you wait.

all i want to know is when a friggin airconditioning company is going to see a way to make some more cash and make chillers for cheap. i know im not the only one who'd gladly buy that 100$ 5000btu unit for 300$ if it would just had its own Heat exchanger to chill the water. or heck, even if they just put a rez around the evap and a line in and out.

Time4aMassiveOC said:
all i want to know is when a friggin airconditioning company is going to see a way to make some more cash and make chillers for cheap. i know im not the only one who'd gladly buy that 100$ 5000btu unit for 300$ if it would just had its own Heat exchanger to chill the water. or heck, even if they just put a rez around the evap and a line in and out.

just buy an old beer cooler

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=420654

Your link to your project got my thinking...

Would to be possible to use an actual house radiator in a watercooling setup? obviously a pretty powerful pump or 2 would be required but surely it would get rid of a hell of alot of heat without the need of a fan?

basic setup would be kinda similiar to normal with a resovoir then pump then cpu then maybe a 2nd bigger pump either before or after the radiator then a return from the radiator to the resovoir?

obviously ud have to cut off the raditor from the normal house water supply but could always use a valve to keep both connected, just wondered what your thoughts where on this?

(gonna post this in watercooling as well)

^^^ too restrictive, not a good watercooling rad. If you search the water cooling section people have asked about this in the past :)

Pf.Farnsworth said:
what temperatures were you getting with load, from what I read -4C but I probbably missed the after tunning results. How did that work out?

i never got around to working with the unit much after that thread got side tracked

greenmaji said:
The compressor in that beer cooler looks like the one going in the cascade.

i know i forgot it was there i have been looking all over for one of those comps
and i had one all along lol

bazx said:
i know i forgot it was there i have been looking all over for one of those comps
and i had one all along lol

Sharp eyes I guess, no problem bazx :D

Back