• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock 8 series boards - with candy coating ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought I read about that a couple of weeks ago. If Asus/etc doesn't jump on this looks like I will be getting my first ASRock benching board.

edit -- probably better in the Intel mobo rather than CPU section, I'll contact a Mod to see if they can move it :)

I can't believe no other big manufacturers have done this before, even on bog standard boards this is a good idea.

If you spill a glass of water on an ASUS ROG boards then it's 95% chances it will survive and won't let you turn it on till it won't be dry ... let's say it was tested :D
As Knufire said , pretty all boards have some protective layer on them so there can be issues with moisture almost only on the power section and in pcie/memory slots.

I'm looking forward to test Z87 OCF mATX board and probably it will be my 1st Z87 board if ASUS won't have lower price ( and I doubt ).

I soak boards regularly and they are always fine but this is a sweet idea and I think ASRock got one over on ROG with this.

Sounds like a fun board to review. Add a water test to the testing metho lol.

If the OC Formula Z87 has this coating, I know which board I'm getting. ;)

Edit: :rofl: I just realized the board in the video was the Z87 OCF. I know which board I'm getting then!

Ya for sure getting another oc formula any board i don't have to Vaseline up and make a mess is a keeper for me.

Seems like you can basically vasoline the ram slots and pci-e slots and go with this pre coated board will save a ton on prep.

I really like my z77 oc formula had some issues with warranting it in Canada when the first one bugged out but it all was resolved in the end.

ASrock seems to be spreading this across a number of their boards, Which I am quite impressed with. The new Z87 extreme 4 is marked as being conformal coated aswell. For 160$ thats quite a bargain. Sure beats taking the time to conformal it yourself and the cost of the spray. (17$ or so a can, covers about 4 boards). Takes me about a half hour now to mask off an entire mobo.

Back