• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock ab350M pro 4 bios 4.50 and APU ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvee

Registered
I have two of these motherboards so I decided to test a Ryzen 3 2200g ( APU) in one of them. It previously had a Ryzen 5 1400 in it and all was well.
Updated the bios to 4.50 , tested with the 5-1400 and all was normal. Could overclock as usual etc.

Installed the Ryzen 3 2200G, Found the drivers and updated and got the normal good graphics for my Monitor 1920X1080...

fyi... Clock control goes away, or I haven't found it yet, when the APU /CPU is installed, in this Motherboard. When the Ryzen 5 1400 was in there, overclock controls where as usual...But the clock was around 3.5 ghz.

First thing I noticed was Ryzen Master would fail to load quoting a couple errors. Then I noticed that Passmark 3d test DirectX 12 fails.

I reloaded the cpu drivers again, then the Passmark directX 12, 3d test worked. Ryzen Master still fails to startup. I have built Eight Ryzen PC's and this is the first issue with Ryzen Master I have seen.

Just putting this out there for information, and feedback if someone hears of a cure for this.

There's a new Ryzen Master for the APU and a new set of drivers for chipset/iGPU. I know they're available at AMD if not at Asrock
When you say clock control do you mean multi or BCLK

Thanks I need to look up the new Ryzen Master later tonight I hope.
Clock control: With the non APU ryzen cpu's in this Asrock ab350M pro4 motherboard, even after bios 4.50, you could do the normal Setting clock setting to Manual instead of Auto, and using the + & - keys, adjust the clock speed.
But when I installed the Ryzen 3 2200g, those clock adjustments don't show up in the bios. Some Motherboards seem to make it easierto overclock the Ryzen APU's.

Maybe now all you have to do is type in a speed? Not familiar with their BIOS and they're all different in how they work.

I put the Ryzen 5 1400 back in the PC and the Overclocking scheme now shows up as it was before. This PC is for sale so I am going to leave it that way for now. RyzenMaster, neither version will work for now..??

I do know there have been issues with APU BIOS release. It's not just your board.

Early adopter woes I guess. I expect AMD and the board manufacturers will get these issues ironed out within 2-3 months with future bios releases.

I have ASRock X370 ITX and there are some issues there too but only something like weird temp reading so not big issue for me.
The main problem with new BIOS for APU is because AMD released AGESA too late and later pushed mobo manufacturers to make BIOS quickly before APU premiere. None of them had time to polish all options in BIOS, especially that just after premiere was Chinese New Year so longer break for most companies. Think that they had less than a month ( actually about 2 weeks if I'm right ) to prepare functional and fully stable BIOS for all their motherboards and in the same time Intel was pushing with BIOS release for their boards to fix security issues.
So in this case just blame AMD for how they work. It's not the first time when AMD waits till the last moment and we all see it's not good for their reputation. Good for them, Intel recently is not any better.

Subbing because I have two of these boards, and mentioning the release of the 4.70 bios,

1.Update AMD AGESA to PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.1a.
2.Improve M.2 SSD compatibility.
* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.40, please update BIOS to P3.40(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.

Back