• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briuhov

Help to choose the best processor for this board ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2
I still have a video card Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 512 Mb AGP.

Help please to me to collect a configuration, that the system was very fast for games(Assasin Creed,GTA 4)

:welcome: to the Overclockers Forums, briuhov.:attn:

As for that board, I didn't even know they made a modern mobo that would take an ancient AGP vid card like that. It wastes board space but gives you a good upgrade path for doing an incremental upgrade. Looking at the CPU support list for your board, it looks like it supports every new processor that AMD makes including the new C3 Phenom 2 AM3 procs (with bios version 1.70). With that said, your board might not come with the latest bios revision if you are buying the board new and you might have to buy the cheapest AM2 proc you can get just to flash the bios to the latest revision. As for your video card, that thing is ancient history and will need replacing as soon as you can afford it But since that board does have an AGP slot you can get by for now with it.

What is your budget and what components do you already have?

Last edited:
I have components
1.ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2
2.HDD WD 1 TB
3.PS OCZ 600 Wt
4.Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 512 Mb AGP
5.Cooler Zalman 7700

budget 200-300 USD

You have no ram listed, so you will need some DDR2 ram for that board, as well as a processor. You also don't have an optical drive or case listed either, but I will assume that you have those already from your present computer.

Ram - This 2 X 2 GB kit of G. Skill DDR2-800 and is $99 shipped from newegg. I have a kit of this ram and it's decent stuff that doesn't need high volts to run it's rated speeds.

Processor - I am recommend a quad core processor for the future, and the Phenom 2 955BE is a good choice if you can swing the $160 for it along with your ram. If that is too rich for you blood presently I am sure some of the AMD experts here can give you cheaper alternatives. BTW, that processor I linked has an unlocked multiplier, so you can overclock by simply upping the multi instead of messing with clock speeds solely.

When it comes to AMD quads the 955 or the 620 are the way to go IMO. Those are the best bang for the buck.

It does depend on whether you intend to overclock though.

Look for this config;
ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2 +Phenom 2 955BE +Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP+Corsair XMS2 4GB (2x2GB) 800MHz for WinXP SP3

ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2 +Phenom 2 955BE support Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP?

I wish to change a video card for the new.
Please advise what to choose better 5770 Radeon or 5850 Radeon?

my config
ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2 +Phenom 2 955BE +Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP+ 2 X 2 GB kit of G. Skill DDR2-1066

Back