• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen.3 Is this a good Mobo to start WIth.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPeEdZ70

Registered
Well I been busy using ZOld tech and even this would be a little old but not as Old as My E8400 and P35C-DS3R. I cannot afford right now to buy More than a used I5-2500K and this Motherboard or one that Is about the same price since I am going to get it used I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Is it a durable board? Does it Overclock Well? Does it get Hot. How would it run with an I5-2500K I`m guessing pretty well also I only have Sata II drives I`m guessing my drives will still sork and My PCI-E Card will also worki FOr Now which is an old HD3870 I want a new card but first I want a better Motherboard and CPU. Thanks

That should be just fine!

DO you know if this would work OK with two different sets of DDR 3 I have 2x2GB G-Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM and 2x2GB
Kingston 1600 Mhz KHX1600C9AD3/2G

I want to reuse as much of the stuff I already have Moving cost me a fortune
Going to try to sell some of my Old Stuff On E-Bay once I get this all together.

I suggest NOT mixing/matching ram. It appears the sets you listed do not match exactly.

I suggest NOT mixing/matching ram. It appears the sets you listed do not match exactly.

Kinda figured that I will just use the G.Skill The Kingston is way cheaper and sloer timings anyway I`ll get a good 8 or 16 set once I got it running smooth.

Well I been busy using ZOld tech and even this would be a little old but not as Old as My E8400 and P35C-DS3R. I cannot afford right now to buy More than a used I5-2500K and this Motherboard or one that Is about the same price since I am going to get it used I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Is it a durable board? Does it Overclock Well? Does it get Hot. How would it run with an I5-2500K I`m guessing pretty well also I only have Sata II drives I`m guessing my drives will still sork and My PCI-E Card will also worki FOr Now which is an old HD3870 I want a new card but first I want a better Motherboard and CPU. Thanks
Sometimes we need to make due with what we can afford, as ED said that should be fine and a nice upgrade. As far as getting and 8 or 16g Dram kit in the future, if you don't have programs that use a lot of Ram and or have a ton of web pages open at a time don't waste your money on a 16g kit. 16g is overkill for most users.

Sometimes we need to make due with what we can afford, as ED said that should be fine and a nice upgrade. As far as getting and 8 or 16g Dram kit in the future, if you don't have programs that use a lot of Ram and or have a ton of web pages open at a time don't waste your money on a 16g kit. 16g is overkill for most users.
I guess I always buy stuff for the Future right now I probably will not need it but in the future may HOLD I might be able to pick up a set of 8 to match my G.Skill and have 12GB total which should be enough for awhile I never know what I may be running in the future I just hate waiting for anything to open up and no matter what I do It can never be fast enough! I was mainly concerned about the Board I read some reviews on Newegg and a few were saying it died right after a year and I am getting it used so I was also thinking
ASUS P8P67 Pro or Gigabyte P67A-UD4

I wouldn't base my purchases on Newegg reviews. Just buy a kit of Gskill 8g or even 4g, don't add the 4g kit you have to it unless you can get the same exact kit. Just because it's a gskill kit, does not mean it's Ic is from the same manufacturer.

I wouldn't base my purchases on Newegg reviews. Just buy a kit of Gskill 8g or even 4g, don't add the 4g kit you have to it unless you can get the same exact kit. Just because it's a gskill kit, does not mean it's Ic is from the same manufacturer.
I understand that Your saying if I find the same Model Number it might not be the same? I want it all to run with the same voltages and timings I really don`t understand why I would need faster than 1600MHZ Mem coming from what I am running now It does have good timing XMP 7-8-7-24. I just moved in With my Brother he is Younger and Loves gaming More than I do I want him to try out my new Computer and get Off his X-Box so I can build him one too I have to get my hooks in first.:cool:

EDIT: Yeah I`m going to do some research On these 1155 chipsets and cpu`s I seem to read alot about the "K" chips being unlocked so far I have not had anything past a QX6700 so I am way behind the Times. I really never owned one yet so I do not have any ideas what to get so far I know a little about the differences between them I still want to get the best Bang for the buck and research some boards If i rush into it I`ll probably end up wanting.

Last edited:
Back