• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaron6817

hi was wondering if any body use the esata port on this MOBO. I have the Esata to sata cable and i don't know if its the port or the cable i bought.
Mobo is new and cable is new. Below is a pic of the cable i have

Attachments

• PowerESATAto22PinSATA003-1.jpg
    PowerESATAto22PinSATA003-1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 163
If the port or the cable your brought what......... doesn't work?

That said, I don't think Esata provides power versus that cord you have pictured has a power plug on it. Esatap provides power which is what that cord would be used for. Your board does not support Esatap.

so does Esatap stand for power over esata. So basically that port on the MOBO is use for an external enclosure or something?
It seems like a point less connection not that it really matters if i use it im just the type of person that would like every thing to work correctly.Thanks for explaining.

thanks again it was racking my brain.
One me question what do most people use to connect hard drives to. I guess like some sorta test bench.

I don't understand the question...? Are you looking for a performance benchmark? For a HDD or SSD?

HDD - HDTune/HDTach
SSD - ATTO, AS SSD, Crystal Disk Mark

no just to connect HDD just to view the contents. I often fix people laptops. they cant boot from them but i try to save the data on them. I just hate putting them in enclosures. Maybe i can get an external power supply for the drive and use a usb to sata cable or something.

Well enclosure is probably the best and cheapest thing to do.

Just get an external enclosure. Yeah it needs plugged in to the wall, but still...that is what I would use. Dont over think it!

i have a habit of doing that. I even thought about one of these

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 79
Ok, wth is that? Why is it different than the one you listed above? The picture, doesnt say 1K words.

lol,I contacted the seller and that only works with 2.5" harddrives and its for usb connection.
I'm looking for a good 3.5 " enclosure.

Back