• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AsRock z87m extreme 4 esata quirk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimblor

I have an Asrock z87m extreme 4 with an SSD and a HD hooked up and working splendidly. I am trying to hook up an external esata drive but when I connect the cable, windows 8 crashes :( . On reboot in the bios the HD in the esata enclosure has taken the place of the SSD and the SSD does not show up in the bios, no boot because the SSD is the boot drive and it looks like it is trying to boot from the external enclosure.

This seems really weird to me. I would like to avoid opening up the enclosure and putting the hard drive into the computer because I am really lazy. In the bios it can not seem to handle the SSD and the esata at the same time.

Any ideas on this?

Check your manual. Probably that eSATA port is linked to the port your SSD is on. Just move your SSD and don't use that internal SATA port if you want to use eSATA.

Back