• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Z97 Extreme4 vs Extreme6 - i5-4690k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
I've decided to update my gamer & the i5-4690k is a no-brainer IMO. But I'm not sure which mobo to pick. I've read the Asrock E6 is a minimum, but just how bad is the Extreme4? I'm planning some mild overclocking on water cooling, so can the 4 handle it, or should I absolutely go with the 6? Or is there another option?
Thanks

They use the same power section, so I'm not sure where you heard the Extreme6 is a minimum.

Well, I thought I read that here to be honest. So I'm wrong & a Z97 E4 will overclock just as well as an E6? Nice!!!

Unless you're looking to do some extreme overclocking the Asrock Ext 4 will suit your needs just fine.

The EX6 is more recommended because the price difference is negligible and the EX6 has dual full length M.2 slots and more SATA and USB3 headers. Both are solid boards.

It's $95 at Microcenter when bundled with a CPU, before MIR. In-store only though. The Extreme6 is $115 in the bundle price.

It's $95 at Microcenter when bundled with a CPU, before MIR. In-store only though. The Extreme6 is $115 in the bundle price.
If the difference in money isn't an issue or there are options on the Extreme 6 you'll use, get the Extreme 6 if it is then just get the Extreme 4. They are both good boards.

Back