• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASU Maximus VI Hero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I have a bit of a connundrum. I've installed Vista32 on this system ( Hero/4770k) for benching. The support CD says that the OS is unsupported. So I went to ASUS' site to download driver and they don't have them for Vista. So the question is should I use the Win7 32 drivers instead? It makes me wonder if only Win 7+8 are supported for this board. I suppose I can just try them and find out, it may not even let me install them. Just curious if anyone else has seen this??

I know I had an ASUS board that released with 6 months of the VISTA release (M2R32-MVP AM2+ 580X) that never ended up with Vista drivers. I think ASUS may have never really supported Vista, to be perfectly honest. I would imagine you could find a 7 upgrade key for pretty cheap, and not have to worry any more.

You can try the 7 drivers, but if I remember right mine said they did not support the installed OS.

Most Win7 drivers are also working in Vista. Intel chipset drivers are one package for all systems and some other manufacturers make one package for Vista/Win7 too so I would just look for drivers on chip manufacturer's site.
If you need Vista for benching only then you only need chipset drivers and disable everything else.

Thanks woomack that's kind of what I thought. Just wanted to check since this is my first Intel

Back