• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yummy...but

What about the Vcore issues they A8N-SLI's already have...I know the answer will be a no...but I wonder if anyone knows if Asus got that issue fixed?

I guess only time will tell

LoneWolf121188 said:
"Current 3D games have just begun to experience the performance
limitations of current dual x8 SLI systems."

For some reason, I doubt that...

$230??? Wow!
I saw that quote as well, I just hope it's more like $200!

Hey all.

I'm looking at building a new system and this is the mobo i pre-ordered already! :drool: !
How much better is the fx-55 san diego over the 64-4000 san diego if i can clock the 64-4000 to 2.6 ?

Fx -55 cost twice as much but is it that much better?

Or would the 64 x2 4400 OCed to 64 x2 4800 be better?

It depends what you intend on using your computer for primarily. If your into gaming I would go with the single core FX, if you like to multi task programs use a dual core . Either one of those processors with that motherboard is foolproof for a good while with a good video card in my opinion. Assuming Asus lives up to their reputation with this new board . But thats only my opinion lol.

The 4000+ should clock really close to an FX-55, the difference in price isn't worth the difference in benchmarks. I was leaning towards the 4000+, but the 4400+ performs almost equal to the 4000 in games and twice as good in some applications(3DStudioMax). I would get a 4400 for the new technology, otherwise if I wanted pure gaming performance I would get a San Diego core.

Just ordered pretty much the same system you have.

Dragon41673 said:
yummy...but

What about the Vcore issues they A8N-SLI's already have...I know the answer will be a no...but I wonder if anyone knows if Asus got that issue fixed?

I guess only time will tell

Hi, I just ordered most of the stuff you have in your system. I did it on line last night and can make changes tomorrow morning. As money is not a problem, what changes would you make to my system and specificaly, what hard drive setup should I use? SATA, RAID, etc?

Don't know if it will post my equipment so here it is;
Same motherboard and PS as you got, ASUS EN7800GTX, LIAN LI case, Athlon 60 x2 3800 (should I get the 4800?)
Would appreciate any advice you may have since you have very good tast in equipment!
Strangely enough, I am not a gamer. I'm a real esatate broker that likes to build hot systems to play with while I'm supposed to be working.
Jim Ratchford

anyone else see the 2 optional fans........FOR WATERCOOLING.......ya its about time the motherboard companies made something for the watercooler......although that wouldnt help really that much, but at least we now get some recognition

I dont WC, but I agree, that gesture I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by WCers. Mobo manufacturers have been providing us with great OCing support for ages, but haven't really been helpful in the cooling department till now.

I found a review for this board:

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8...therboard_full_speed_sli_exclusive/index.html

The gist of it is, it doesn't provide better performance in general unless you are running 1600x1200 with AA and AF turned on. In fact, it scored a little lower than the AN8-SLI Premium in a lot of tests (although the reviewers were quick to note that the AN832 was running on early bios/driver revisions.)

Although I must say, the heatpipe cooling for the chipset is beefier looking than the AN8-SLI Premium's, which I like. The main drawback I see is that it would be difficult to fit a pci soundcard on it and use two video cards in SLI at the same time.

fuzzba11 said:
The 4000+ should clock really close to an FX-55, the difference in price isn't worth the difference in benchmarks. I was leaning towards the 4000+, but the 4400+ performs almost equal to the 4000 in games and twice as good in some applications(3DStudioMax). I would get a 4400 for the new technology, otherwise if I wanted pure gaming performance I would get a San Diego core.
go for the 4000+ no way is the FX-55 worth twice the money it not twice the performance thats for sure! with the cash you save you could get 7800GTX with the cash you save lol

So forgive me as this is my very first forum that I have ever posted but I am weighing up two sets of rams and I would like a second opinion. First off I am building a complete new system here are the specs minus the ram.
amd x2 4200+
asus Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
2 asus gtx 7800 top (in sli)
SILVERSTONE SST-ST60F ATX 600W
2 250 WD GB 7200rpm 16mb cache sata 2 on raid 0
antec p180 atx tower
Plextor PX-716SA 16X Internal Serial ATA Dual Layer DVD±R/RW
creative labs x-fi fatal1ty w/ 64 mb x-ram
dell ultrasharp 2405 24-inch wide screen
swifttech h20-apex extreme duty liquid cooling kit

ok so here is my memory question. I am looking into 2gb dual channel models. I have 2 questions first why dont I even hear anyone talk about 4gb of memory and can I run 4 1gb dimms and still utilize dual memory. This asus motherboad supports a higher memory speed I think its pc 3500 and maybe even pc3700. On asus web site it suggest the Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO but I have been considering OCZ 2GB EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum The timings are a little better on the ocz.

On a side note this is my first time watercooling and does anyone know if that A8N32-SLI Deluxe does this board present a problem with the swifttech water block (due to the copper cooling on the board itself)

I am open for suggestion if anyone would like to suggest a better setup (besides my processor) and I am not concerned about the cost

Interesting, I was almost planning on buying this board, but after some of these reviews I'm not too sure. I like the A8N-SLI Premium a bit better, and its cheaper :cool:

ok the x32 looks hot but I take a wait and see attitude on the Vcore issue and for a price drop. but god a heat pipe on the MB stock that is just well Dang o.0

Back