• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heya DD welcome to the boards!

That is one hella system you got listed there.

As for your RAM questions I am no expert at all but I believe the reason most people do not run 4GB is mainly $$$$ and no clear advantage over 2GB. I believe there are applications out there and hardware that are just now being able to take advantage of 2GB of RAM. That said, a distinct disadvanatge would be that you would probably have to throttle back to lesser a lesser command rate of 2T or higher to get 4GB of ram to run stable, if you plan on OC'ing your rig. If you view Tuesday's new on
http://www.hothardware.com/
You will see that they are playing with some TWINX2048-3500LLPRO from Corsair
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/TWINX2048-3500LLPRO.pdf
and are able to maintain 1T command rate capable rated up to 437MHz.
Personally, If I get better performance with 2GB @1T it would be a waste of money to jack my system up to 4GB. With todays games and applications I think 4GB is way overkill and would actually hurt your performance. It wasn't until recently that 2GB was able to run stable at 1T.

As far as the swiftech question goes, that's why God invented the Dremel :)

Thanks for the input. After doing some more research I have decided to get the vapochill lightspeed (it looks incredible). I plan on doing some high ocs...I am still not sure what water cooler I am going to use on my gpus, etc. I am having a problem as the lightspeed is usually on bottom mounted but the antec p180 case has the PS on the bottom. just so I am clear you thought I should get the corsair mem right? I guess I am going to need something to keep up with my CPU speed after my ocing ha ha

I forgot to add that I read the manual on the asus a8n32 and it said that over 3gb of ram windows xp 32 bit will have trouble with and I cant run 64 bit because it does not support sli. So I am down to choosing 2 gb it just the best and most stable for ocing.

Diamond Dizzle said:
So forgive me as this is my very first forum that I have ever posted but I am weighing up two sets of rams and I would like a second opinion. First off I am building a complete new system here are the specs minus the ram.
amd x2 4200+
asus Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
2 asus gtx 7800 top (in sli)
SILVERSTONE SST-ST60F ATX 600W
2 250 WD GB 7200rpm 16mb cache sata 2 on raid 0
antec p180 atx tower
Plextor PX-716SA 16X Internal Serial ATA Dual Layer DVD±R/RW
creative labs x-fi fatal1ty w/ 64 mb x-ram
dell ultrasharp 2405 24-inch wide screen
swifttech h20-apex extreme duty liquid cooling kit

ok so here is my memory question. I am looking into 2gb dual channel models. I have 2 questions first why dont I even hear anyone talk about 4gb of memory and can I run 4 1gb dimms and still utilize dual memory. This asus motherboad supports a higher memory speed I think its pc 3500 and maybe even pc3700. On asus web site it suggest the Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO but I have been considering OCZ 2GB EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum The timings are a little better on the ocz.

On a side note this is my first time watercooling and does anyone know if that A8N32-SLI Deluxe does this board present a problem with the swifttech water block (due to the copper cooling on the board itself)

I am open for suggestion if anyone would like to suggest a better setup (besides my processor) and I am not concerned about the cost
This looks like a really nice setup. Very stable and fast. Please post pics when you build.
Thanks

new rig and new mobo talk

i am thinking also about buying this mobo...it seems that getting this bad boy will mean that i will have to drop around $700 more dollars on CPU , vid card (or cards :cool: ), and new RAM...does this sound correct?
this motherboard looks like it is the wave of the future and it will be top of the heap for some time to come...

agree or disagree? any other suggestions for a mainly gaming machine.

thanks have a good day yall

I will post pics as soon as I finish it. I actually changed a few things. So far the only things I have ordered/recieved is antec p180 case, my dell 24inch wide screen, xfi soundcard and the z-5500 logitech dts speakers. I did however have a change of mind as far as cooling is concerned. I decided on going with the vapochill lightspeed for my cpu cooler. I am still deciding on the GPU coolers, I am going to need two of them and I am thinking water cooling because I dont want more noise. I am open for suggestions as far a the best GPU blocks, or kits for water cooling. I plan on some major overclocks and I have to custom modify my antec p180 because the power supply is on the bottom and the lightspeed cooling usually mounts from the bottom so it will be interesting to see what I come up with when Im finished. I am curious if anyone here has had any experience with the Vapochill LightSpeed the reviews seem to be very good.

I ordered the A8N32-SLI Deluxe a couple of nights ago with an X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card and Corsair Twinx2048Mb 3500LLPRO memory. I should have it up and running by the end of the weekend.

Review of the Asus A8N32-SLI Delux at Anandtech. :)

Linky

You think it would be possible to run dual slot cooled (read the new Nvidia 512 GTX) SLI AND a PCI soundcard on it at the same time? :shrug:

Looks like there might be just enough space for it, running the soundcard in the slot just above the 2nd videocard.

LOL..I was looking at mwave, $195, good price and all. Thought about getting it, but had to do some work first. Now an hour later when I was to order it, all of a sudden it is $225! :bang head

Wonder if it going to be same as the Egg in another hour, $255? :shrug:

Does anyone have this board yet? If so, I am wondering if an XP-120 would fit or if it would interfere with any of the heatpipes. If it fits, it seems like an ideal choice to actively cool the pipes. Looks like a killer board!

It's almost here...Newegg even had it in stock for 3 hours before selling out. $250 though, what a rip! Supposedly it will be available next Wednesday.

UPS shows mine “out for delivery” but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t make until Monday. I don’t have the memory yet anyway. Spartan Tech showed Corsairs 3500LLPro/2048Mb Twinx in stock on Wednesday, I went and ordered it and then found out a day latter that it wasn’t even in stock. I cancelled the order for the memory with Spartan and I’m waiting for Newegg to get them back in stock.

Back