• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus AMD M2N-Sli Deluxe broken chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knach

I've pulled my mobo out of my box and found a small black chip broken. When i touched it the chip simply flaked off its connectors. I've been having problems with the computer starting up windows. It just blue screens on start up. Could this problem be due to this small chip or is it insignificant to my problem?

34ypb3r.jpg

From the little can see of the general layout of the board, it surely looks like part of the ram voltage circuit and if so...well the board is certainly history as you have likely aleady guessed.

ram voltage?

To clerify, the burnt out chip was on the bottom of the board next to the usb connectors. It's under the pci slots and doesnt have a pin through the board so I was hoping it had something to do with a usb connector that was fried. Would there be a RAM voltage chip at the bottom of the board like that? I have to assume since the system wouldnt start windows or allow me to get through a partial reinstall of windows that there is some sort of short on the board. I've canceled out everything else but this tiny little chip lol..

also

would that chip be something I could replace or would you think it would just reburn out due to some other undlying condition on the board? probably not worth the hassle..?

Back