• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus board dead after bios update... :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolverine690

I was going to reload my other pc & wanted to update the bios on it b/c the other was very old, pre- Dec '06.

I downloaded the newest one & then everything seemed to go fine except when it reboted & then nothing. It rebooted to no screen or anything. Rebooted it again, still same thing. So I reset the bios & now it only turns on for a second & then shuts off, no post beeps nothing. I removed the memory to see if that would make any difference to see if the bios was ok & still does same thing, turns on for split sec & then shuts off...

so anyone have any other suggestions? Or is it time for a new board?

btw my board is an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe & had a bios version of 07xx something & updated to 1701.

How exactly did u update the BIOS?

I would try unplugging the power supply and leave unplugged for about 10 to 15 seconds. Clear the CMOS. Then plug the power cord back in and see if it will boot then.

Last edited:
I did all that when I cleared cmos...

And I updated the bios by using ezflash or whatever it is called

hmm the motherboard might be DeaD.
Had the same prob with my m2n-e i clread cmos system booted into bios they was a error googled it and i just needed to put the correct date /days/month/years...
Had a problems with my m3n-ht after bios update no beep but it was powering fan etc... but it wasnt shuuting down. Finaly Rma it and received a new one :0
Might be ur psu not being able to keep the computer up.
try with a another psu if u have one if its still not booting
M2n-Sli *rip**

IIRC, the problem of shutting down after turning it on, has reportedly been a symptom of bad caps. Have you checked the PSU caps?

Back