• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED asus chvfz, no post, no boot, dog done gone off the chain!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
set myself up for a little benching action and it seems to have gone just a bit off the rails.
crosshair v formula-z
fx 9570
msi gtx 980, evga gtx 970 ftw+.
some 1050 watt psu, forget what cheapy brand
some gskill, corsair and adata ram.
gigantic, jackassery sized cooling system.

last night I set it all up, tested it with a little mild benching action using rog connect and shut it down with all being good and fine and was kind of jacked about having the first cooler temps in town.
this morning I tried to light the fires and it was a complete no-go, the fun meter spun right around backwards the moment I pressed the onboard start button, no reaction, pressed the onboard stat button again, nothing, just the motherboard lights laughing at me.
press the on case power button, starts to post, no post beeps, shows me a splash screen that says no keyboard detected.
shut down, change batteries in keyboard and mouse.
restart, no post beep, beeps one long, three short beeps, fancy, schmancy leds stop and light the gpu led, dr debug shows #62, black screen.
power down, remove 980, install gtx 970.
re power, no post beep, get one long and three short beeps, dr dbug gives #A0 gpu led lit again.
power down, move gpu down 1 slot, change pcie cables.
re power, post beed, shows slash screen, no key board detected.
remove from wall, install wired keyboard and mouse, same thing.
power down, reset cmos with the swith on the back I/o.
repower, no post beep, leds hang at gpu.
shut down, disconnect installed psu, bootstrap in my evga 850 g2 test psu, move gpu one slot lower, remove all ram, install 1 stick from working game rig.
re power, no post beep, leds hang at gpu, drdebug shows # A0.
change ram stck, install in another slot, move gpu to lowest slot.
repower, one long beep, three short beeps, leds hung at gpu, but suddenly shows splash screen and no keyboard detected.
rebios to later bios, still no change.
any ideas what to try next?

Last edited:
well, that's a kick in the pants........ changed my cmos battery, all's good.

well, that's a kick in the pants........ changed my cmos battery, all's good.

???! CMOS battery did all that? Wow, I always thought a dead battery just meant you lost settings if you unplugged it. Good to know. I guess I should have a couple spares at the house from now on. Thanks!

Back