• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Corsair V - Boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alegelos

Asus Corsair V
1090T
1200watts
16gb ram
2x ssd sata 3 in raid-0

all set to automatic and 0 OC

Turn on = no monitor signal but, lights on, coolers working, all seems to be working. But it seems it does not finish the boot.

After many trys it may boot! after it boot, it works all great! You can even reset it many times (it will boot and work). BUT if you turn it off for 1 houre, then it wont boot again.

1- I try old and new bios (lastest), all same.
2- I try deferents working video cards, cpu, ram and monitor, exactly same problem.

Shot me all your weird and fantastic ideas :D, lets start testing

Take half of your ram out and try it. Make sure the ram is not set to higher than 1333 mhz.

Did you try the video card in different slots? CMOS clear? All connections tight(8pin)?

I think i solve it, it was my mystake. I plug the 8ping power and 4 pin power to the mother. I just had tu plug one (not both).

For now it works, time will say

I think i solve it, it was my mystake. I plug the 8ping power and 4 pin power to the mother. I just had tu plug one (not both).

For now it works, time will say

Your supposed to be able to plug both and the 4 pin molex if you overclock a lot and use sli ect... I currently have my 4 pin and 8 pin both plugged in and 4 pin. Mostly because I want to make sure there is enough power to the board since I use an Antec 920H kuhler as well as overclock and have a second h70 pump hooked up too.

Deffinetly sounds like the motherboard was acting up. You can also try the asus rog forums which actually has asus employees checking in there too.

Your supposed to be able to plug both and the 4 pin molex if you overclock a lot and use sli ect... I currently have my 4 pin and 8 pin both plugged in and 4 pin. Mostly because I want to make sure there is enough power to the board since I use an Antec 920H kuhler as well as overclock and have a second h70 pump hooked up too.

Deffinetly sounds like the motherboard was acting up. You can also try the asus rog forums which actually has asus employees checking in there too.

Maybe i am wrong, but i read at the manual that it says 8 pin OR 4 pin, but not both. Not sure.. Any way what PSU what 8 ping and 4 pin at the same time?
This is a 1200watts that have 8 pin and out from there it come the 4 pin from the same cable. Maybe this PSU have not enought power for 8 pin and 4 pin at the same time...

Up to now it work all good (2 days of testing) but the failure actually happens after some hours of being off.

Yeah, either 4 pin or 8 pin auxillary +12v connectors will work fine. With extreme overclocking the 8 pin is better they say.

Back