• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS CROSSHAIR III FORMULA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nitrous642

Hello guys,

Just yesterday got my new system custom build

1 x ASUS CROSSHAIR III FORMULA
1 x AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 3.4 GHz
1 x OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt Gamers Power Supply Unit
1 x SAPPHIRE HD5670 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphic Card
2 x 2gb OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Dual Channel Gold Series Memory
1 x Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATAII 64MB Cache 3.5-inch Green Internal Hard Drive OEM

and I was trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate with no luck. I kept getting several errors suck as blue screens like 0x000000D1 and other errors saying files may be corrupted etc and windows will stop the installation process. Tried burning my copy again at the lowest speed (2x) retried and no luck again. The best shot was when I got to 70% and got the bluescreen again.

Please if anyone has any clue and could help be through this would be more than much appreciated or if you guys need some more details for me let me know.

Many many thanks!

Marios

Have you set things up in your bios? Or are all settings at default?

This sounds like a similar experience that I had installing windows xp with a totally different setup than yours. The problem ended up being that the default voltage supplied by the board to the memory was not enough for my memory to run stabily. I solved my issue by bumping the memory volts by .10

My other suggestion would be to use memtest ( http://www.memtest.org/ ), that would definitely rule out the memory as an issue.

Good luck.

Many thanks for replying.

What I ve tried so far,

Installed everything properly by the book (ASUS manual) on the mobo.

Completely removed the mobo from the case reinstalling everything step-by-step since no OS could be installed (tried Win 7, Win XP, OpenSUSE and kept getting several error messages, blue screes etc)

My BIOS settings are set to default - changed nothing.

Eventually after all these attempts (which were many) I tried Win XP SP 2 - Don't know why or how but YES, finally my OS was installed successfully, error-free.

I will try installing Win 7 again on another partition and hopefully will get installed this time.

I will keep the thread posted for any other users may be dealing with such kind of error.

Marios

Before starting the installation , raise memory voltage to manufacturer specified rating and try with one stick .

main thing is to set as many settings in the bios as you can ie voltages, mem timings,etc......
are you set to ahci or raid or ide???
if raid or ahci that may be a problem also...

I would try putting the 2 sticks of ram in the 2 blue slots on the motherboard (in the manual they call them the orange slots for some reason) if not already done. Also, if your not already, try running them at 1333 MHz just for the windows install.

hi guys,
i bought my first AMD rig this week... did my research about the products so that they are all compatible, but i seem to stuggle to get my RAM to run as specified...this is my rig and i cant get the memory to run @ 1600MHz (should be 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v)
everytime i change these settings, and only these, i get BSOD's, right before windows has to load....please if anyone can assist, i would much appreciate it

Phenom II x4 965 BE
ASUS crosshair III Formula
G.Skill 2x2GB 1600mhz 9-9-9-24
ATi HD 5870 1GB
800gb
CM Hyper 620 CPU cooler
Enermax 850w psu

CPU is running @ 42 C...all other temps are normal??? i did flash my bios to the latest one as well
:welcome: to Overclockers.com!

From what I've seen lately I would increase the RAM voltage. Most RAM sticks can take up to 0.2v above spec with good case cooling so they don't get too hot. Use small steps and increase it up to 1.6v to see if it helps.

BTW - While we are all happy to help you really should start your own thread ... ;)

thanks alot for the welcome :)

i will go and try what you have suggested. will increase the V and see what happens..

is there maybe anyone with the same setup as me that has done some fine tuning to there system who can maybe give me a "walk-trough" or step by step assistance??? here in South Africa pro's are scarce lol

Back