• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair V Formula Z stock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bamato

A friend of mine is starting his build and we are noticing these are out of stock everywhere. Is there a newer version coming out? Or is Asus just short on manufacturing right now?

That's odd that you mention that I noticed the other day that the Sabertooth R2 was out of stock at the Egg as well.

EDIT: Looks like they're back in stock now but the CHV-z is still out. It could be just that those two boards are about the most reliable for FX CPUs.
The Sabertooth 990FX R2 is a very capable bord. Unless your friend needs the extras of the CHV go for the Sabo and save $50

Last edited:
That's weird even the Asrock Fatal1ty 990 Pro is out of stock. and the extreme 9????? This is getting weird!

If it is mostly a "color-thing", then this board is mostly the same colors. And their newer one also.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157479
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

I see some of how they lowered the price of this board after looking at it. They are only using the 6 Sata ports supported by the 950SB and have one of them going out thru the Rear I/O as eSata. So they did not have to put a separate chip on the board for just 2 more Sata 6 ports.

New Audio chip and new gaming lan. Humh.

I'll pitch that one to him, thanks rgone.

Although, I can hear him questioning the brand already :rolleyes:

I'll pitch that one to him, thanks rgone.

Although, I can hear him questioning the brand already :rolleyes:

I hear you man. "I" would n0t begin to recommend that mobo if I did not think it would do just fine. I have the earlier Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional board and was able 'easily' to use earlier bios on FX-8350 because the earlier bioses seem to clock better over 5.0Ghz. Earlier bioses seem better even for my CHV non-Z mobo.

I really get concerned when the "color" thing is such a large part of the buying parameters. BUT in this case user was not cutting corners to get 'color' but rather trying for the top of the line. So I guess in that case 'color' and top of the line make a very good match. Hehehe.

I was freeken amazed when Asrock released that "new" Fatal1ty Killer mobo since there is nothing but talk of the FX series going the way of the DODO bird. They will make the cpu for some time more but no real move to the new FX processor in 'steamroller' version of FX. But after looking at the new "killer" at Asrock site, I see they cut some frilly shett off the board and added some updated sound and Nic and got the price lower for just gamer peeps.

If your pard is going to turn over make that wants to turn over h*ll's half acre to get just the CHV-Z, I think I can find it for close to the NewEgg price, but NewEgg buys so many that they are always that 5 to 6 dollars cheaper on a $200.00 item. Unless they are in gouge mode. Hehehe.

Knowing how well my FatLady 990FX PRO actually works, I would likely save the money on board and put it toward a bunch of good water cooling or he is just going to be a 4.6ish GHZ person anyway...no matter which mobo he sticks in the case.
RGone...

I knew a few guys who bought the CHV-Z board at the same time the 9370 was retailing at around $200 on Newegg. But I'd think they'd actually have more in stock because it is after Christmas now. Like quite a few days.

Theory being that my few guys represents the majority of others but you can't always conclude that because A means B.

Rgone, he just likes to make sure he gets the best he can. He's well off in life (unlike most of us common folk) so money becomes less of a determining factor for him. I can tell you this though, it's going to be one powerhouse of a build (I'll start a build thread here once all his parts are in).

To be quite honest, he doesn't want to dabble in OC'ing, but I know in time that will change. So I've been trying to align him with components for his build that will give him the flexibility to play if he decides to.

Hah, we think on the same page. Nice. :thup:

Hope you find that board though. It'd be tough for me to go with anything else just because of all the features CHV-Z has.

Disclaimer: This statement was definitely not forced because there are definitely not clowns behind me. No ZeypherUndelluses were affected by the immediate use of balloon swords.

EDIT: Two stars! Moving up in the world!

Congrats on 'starring'. They give the first ones pretty quick...that next one is a good ways on up the road though. Again Congrats man.
RGone...

Yeah, I know. Seems like I missed the moon though. :)

EDIT: If you don't mind international, NICX has one of those CHV-Z's for 269.99

Last edited:
I don't think he's that desperate.

I think he's going to wait it out for a little bit. I'm sure if he becomes impatient enough, he'll be more open to suggestions.

But seriously, whats with the stock on this thing??

Don't forget AMD already has new CPU models they are working on and you can bet the board makers are doing the same, including retooling and revamping the production lines for these once they've been developed and released. With the release of any new model CPU socket/line, they'll have to have X number of boards already made and on the shelves to be sold at launch and that process takes time too.

I'm taking this as a sign production has slowed - Not actually stopped but slowed and they'll eventually phase them out in favor of the newer models to come. It's like all the others we've seen before, they get harder to find in stock and reappear, disappear, reappear...... annnnnddd they're gone.
You could actually still buy a new 939 CPU for example when they were being phased out but all of the good boards for them were long gone by the time most if not all new 939 chips had been sold out.

Back