• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Formula V and HAF 922 - Fan Cooler Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YojimboAMD

Registered
Hey guys!

I have a question...

My Cooler Master HAF 922 comes with 3 fan coolers... and i have a Asus Formula V.

My question is:

The connectors for the fan coolers of the case have 3 pins... and the MoBo have 4 pins... so... i can connect the 3 pin into the 4 pin connector leaving 1 pin free? (Also... the plastic around the connector of the MoBo only allows to connect it in one way only...)

Check with me... but that connection is ok? Or i have to connect the fan coolers directly to the power source using the big 4 pin connector?

Yes, you can connect the 3-pin case fan connectors to the MBs 4-pin fan headers. The only difference in a 3-pin vs 4-pin fan is the additional PWM signal wire (Pulse-width modulation) in the 4-pin, which offers the ability to adjust the speed without changing the input voltage delivered to the fan.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back