• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP vs. EVGA GTX 680 SC Singature +

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sTrYk3r62796

EVGA has the better customer support, but the ASUS had the better card. Also note that the ASUS is a tri-slot card, where the EVGA is a dual slot.

You can always get the ASUS DirectCuII GTX670 and overclock it and have nearly the same performance for a lot less money.

I doubt there's a GPU that won't fit in a HAF 932.

EVGA FTW! I just couldn't resist, I think both EVGA and ASUS make great products, but as for a graphics card EVGA gets my vote. I have had nothing but great support and good luck with their products. The 670SC 4GB card is a great choice too! For a 680 you might check out the EVGA GTX 680 Classified: http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=04G-P4-3688-KR&family=GeForce 600 Series Family&sw=
I have had nothing but EXCELLENT EXCELLENT support with EVGA, however, the cooling on the Asus card as well as the stock OC really make it a hard decision!
Also could consider the EVGA 670 SC+. Twice the VRAM there with a little less in the cooling department compared to the DirectCU II.

Thanks, but I would like to stick with a 680 series. :)

I have a 670 so I can't say much about the 680, but that EVGA Classified is very nice, I may upgrade to it or just put another 670SC 4GB card in SLI when I get my monitors for surround. I would say that ASUS card would be cooler and quieter though.

I have had nothing but EXCELLENT EXCELLENT
Thanks, but I would like to stick with a 680 series. :)

GTX670 is only 5-10% slower but costs $100 less...kills the GTX680 on price/performance.

I like the ASUS GTX670 DirectCuII, it's actually a reference GTX680 board with a GTX670 chip on it. So it OCs pretty high, but the best thing is that it has the dual slot version of the DC2 cooler, so you get great cooling without having to deal with triple slot.

Do you think that a triple slot card will fit inside a HAF 932 case?
Usually I try to not Overclock any of my stuff because I have had nothing but problems when I do it.
My main concern with the ASUS card is the size and if it would be bad blowing the heat from the card directly into my case. :3

The triple slot will fit fine, it's just annoying when you want to try to go multicard. Usually it'll fit, but it will be right up against the board of the card below it, so the top card runs significantly hotter since it's choked for airflow.

Like this (I know it's three cards in the picture, but same concept):
Featureimage-SLI-technology.jpg

Versus a slot in between for some breathing room:
sli-rig1.jpg

Overclocking is quite simple and can give you good gains when you're doing it right...but that's why we're here to help! :)

Back