• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus GTX970 Turbo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tamarael

Hi there,

It looks like I made a mistake buying this GC for it seems that there is no AiO watercooling system for it. And for the hastle I have being getting for some information on its PCB and stuff, looks like no more Asus for me.

Do you guys have any idea or tip I should know about getting this beast quiet and cooler on my machine?

I am starting to consider selling it and buying a reference one and getting the Corsair HG10 N970 for it, what you guys reckon?

:welcome: to OCFs.

Give us a link to this GPU via Newegg and the likes so we know which exact model number you have at hand.

Also, is this for custom liquid cooling or a sealed AIO?

Thanks for the reply, the link is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...926&cm_re=asus_gtx_970-_-14-121-926-_-Product

As for the option, I was thinking to go with the AiO option, but if there is no other I can go for the custom.

I looked here and here. Unfortunately it doesn't look compatible since this GPU seems to not be a reference design. You could try and see if the reference PCB and this PCB match up. If they do than its a risk but you could go with a AIO and worst came to worst, you'd return the AIO if it didn't fit or if it's a recent GPU purchase, I would return it for a reference design as that will allow you to go ahead with the AIO GPU cooling. Best place to see a PCB image of your GPU would be EK's coolingconfigurator.

If you can't and want to go custom water cooling, please have a read in our water cooling stickies and also have a look at this video. Take your time and do your research. Its really fun and can be expensive, of course. :D

Tnx for the reply Jack,

I had checked both sites you referred and actually I am returning the kraken kit today because it does not fit my PCB and to be honest I think I will return the graphics card and get a new one. It is just a matter of choosing now. I will prolly see what they have and validate if the major WC companies have any solution for it and then will buy one.

I am pretty upset with the hastle that this GPU has given me. They say the card is quiet but it is not, I reckon that on a air cooled system you might not notice it since the fans will make more noise than the GC does but on my system, it is the loudest thing working.

I am pretty upset with the hastle that this GPU has given me. They say the card is quiet but it is not, I reckon that on a air cooled system you might not notice it since the fans will make more noise than the GC does but on my system, it is the loudest thing working.

When it comes to a single blower on a GPU, they are the loudest. Other GPUs that have a dual fan cooling system usually aren't, especially these days.

Back