• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus k52 and UL series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregers05

so im looking at getting a new laptop soon and am pretty much set on asus.

i have the desktop in my sig so i dont need anything super powerful. This will be used for school and work. i will need it to run 3d design software like solidworks. inevitably, it will probably get used for some gaming as well.

i was looking at the UL50 or UL30 for their battery life and mobility. I do like the fact that you can switch between onboard GPU and the dedicated GPU with the push of a button. these are supposed to get 12hrs of battery life(probably 8-10 realistically). the processor is the SU7300 core duo

the k52 i like because its a little more powerful than the UL series. i was looking at one with the i3. my concern with this is the battery life. anybody know what the battery life is supposed to be? also this doesnt have the option to switch the gpu options.

they are both roughly the same price. the UL50 is $800 and the k52 is ~750.
everything else is basically the same.

which would you guys recommend?

Back