• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A77 - memory compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zecleaner

Hello everyone,

I hope this is posted in the right section. I need to buy a new mainboard and am going for the M4A77. I'm unsure though if my RAMs will work with it.
They are 2 A-DATA 2 x 1024GB sets, both with the number AD2800G001GOU. The supported memory list on the ASUS page only lists AD2800E001GOU. Would you think, or even better, know if my RAMs will also work?

Thanks in advance. :)

That's good news. :) The one listed on the ASUS page is rated for 4-4-4-12 whereas mine would run at 5-5-5-12. That shouldn't matter when it comes to the mainboard though, should it?

5-5-5 is easier to run at than 4-4-4, so that's unlikely to cause issues.
Generally speaking, if a motherboard can run one set of a given speed memory it'll run all sets at that speed or slower.
Not always, sometimes a specific set will have issues with a specific motherboard, but it's pretty rare.

Back