• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4a785-m No video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure what you mean won't "post video"? Does that mean you think it's booting up normally but doesn't have any video or do you mean it's not posting and you have no video?

Do you have any beep codes???

i think its booting normally.(not positive) i have no beep codes. i also tested that by taking out ram to get a beep. tested the CPU in a different mobo.

It stopped working after he shut it down .. went to turn it back on and no go.

(its not my Mobo. this is in my friends computer)

Asus is either gonna fix it or replace it. if i send it in. would like to see if i can get this solved before we have to send it off and wait forever to get it back

If it's a friend's board you might want to tell us what it is? I assumed from your first post it was the MSI in your sig.

If you sent it off it's got to come out of the case anyway so that's where I'd start. Take the board out and try to get into BIOS with nothing but the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, and the PSU hooked up ...

the name of the mobo is in the title of the thread

and i did try that.

If you've run through the normal trouble shooting what else is there to do but RMA? I'm unclear though whether you're getting the no ram installed beep codes or not?

Ive tried 5 different sticks of ram.

Im getting NO beep. i get a beep only if i try to boot with no Ram. thats what i was trying to say.

i just have no video onboard or Pcie.

Have you tried it with just one stick of ram?

Have you tried taking the cmos battery out for a couple hours?

My guess is you've lost the PCIe/PCI part of the NB, which is pretty rare but it happens. For grins you might check the NB heatsink to make sure it's getting good contact. I also assume you've checked/blown out all the PCI and PCIe slots and given the whole board a basic once-over ...?

@ trents - yah i tried it with just one stick of Ram. and i left the battery out all night.

@QuietIce - the board looked fine i took off the NB heatsink and it had nice contact.

Asus is just gonna fix it / replace it for him . i just wanted to see if there was anything i could do.

i think its booting normally.(not positive) i have no beep codes. i also tested that by taking out ram to get a beep. tested the CPU in a different mobo. It stopped working after he shut it down .. went to turn it back on and no go.
Did you make sure the all connectors are seated well? Unplug and reseat them? Perhaps you did when you said you went over the whole motherboard.
Do the fans come on?
have you checked the power supply?

did everything i could think of. board should be arriving at asus tomorrow.

Looks like you tried everything except resetting the BIOS.

I have an 785G board as well and the video settings for onboard or pcie are easy to screw up accidentally. I've done it before and had to reset my bios in order to get video out of the onboard.

Back