• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A78T-E Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the info. Someone had posted the same results on the asus forums, but I wanted to post here and see who else tried it out. I will stick with 1104 then. What cpu are you running with it? Have you tried shutting down the onboard IGP? I tried it the other day on disable and it wouldn't let me boot into windows 0_o

Last edited:
BIOS 1302 was released just yesterday/today... Site says earlier, but it wasn't up there when I posted about it on the 14th.

So far, it's at least booting, which is more than I can say for 1201. I'll start turning things up shortly and see if/when it fails.

No, I haven't messed with the IGP.

I would appreciate it if you can give us some feedback on this new bios as to it's OC and stability issues if any. I am using 1104 with an ok OC, but overall this board is definately a middle of the road board when it comes to the overclocking of the ref clock.

Well, I've played with it a bit since my last post, which was with it at "stock" settings.

Since then, I've manually set the following:

Memory Timings to: 6-6-6-20
DRAM Volt: 1.9
Memory Clock: 1600 Mhz
Bus Speed: 240

Left everything else on auto.

The system set itself up as a 3.36Ghz, and it's running ok (this is with the stock fan). Temps in the mid 50s.

I just got done playing some CoD World at War, and didn't have any issues...

I've got a Sunbeam Super Chiller on the way, at which point I'm going to try and OC it up to about 3.5-3.6.

Last edited:
I just filled out my signature with all the PC components and links to Newegg... Figured I'd ditch the ambiguity... Of course, the Sunbeam isn't here yet... It'll be here Monday.

I just flashed to the 1302. I noticed there is a new ddr3 memory profile on this version. Any ideas? I have it at default disabled right now.

No clue... Tried both enabled and disabled and didn't see any difference.

ASUS has not updated the manual online, nor has put any documentation online as to what this is. I have absolutely no clue.

preliminary OCCT 30 minute pass on a 32.5% OC so far. The wall for this little 810 has been 3.6 for passing OCCT atleast 30 mins. Been stable on 3.4-3.5 with no problems so it didn't screw that up for me so far :) I will keep posting as I try and see if it helped the ref clock any or if the cap is still around 270 for my 810.

Back to 1104...

Went to play some World of Warcraft, and had 2 BSODS, followed by a boot failure.

Turned it down a little on each BDOD, then loaded BIOS Defaults, which is when it then failed to boot.

I swear, whats the point of releasing a new BIOS if you're not testing it.

lol...I was coming here to post that I went back to 1104 because it was real buggy...the last two bios they have released for this board have been bad.

Yea, I am not impressed with this mobo at all. I would have spent the extra $50 on the board had I known. It also does not like the 9.04 ubuntu version on this board. I am still sitting around 3.5 again on 1104. Took some doing though and a tad more voltage then before I tried 1302.

I think as soon as someone (non-Asus) makes a AM3, DDR3 board with an Nvidia chipset, this board will be going on Craigslist.

I'm not a happy customer. At first, I thought it was just me... Now I'm starting to see it's not just me.

I purchased an 955 BE and tossed it in yesterday...I found that the 1104 with the 955 is less stable then with the 810 so I reflashed to the 1302...now very early results as I didn't have much time last night is that the 1302 is better for the 955 then the 1104.

Either way this board needs some more work imo for overclockability. My 955 doesn't clock well so far on this board.

Hmmm, not really likely what you guys are saying about the board. I was going to get it because of its ECC support for stability. If you guys are saying it's not stable...........well, that kinda defeats the purpose of getting it ;)

I have since changed my 955 to the am3 deluxe version and I can tell you from experiencing both boards, the GX version needs to be relegated to a locked multiplier cpu like an 810 and just run with it. It's a decent board, but not for the 955. Deluxe is so much better for overclocking.

I have since changed my 955 to the am3 deluxe version and I can tell you from experiencing both boards, the GX version needs to be relegated to a locked multiplier cpu like an 810 and just run with it. It's a decent board, but not for the 955. Deluxe is so much better for overclocking.

i wouldn't go that far check some of my threads on XS and TPU i have clocked the heck out of a 955, 550 and other chips on that board and all of them clocked very well.

Back