• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Or MSI 790FX-GD70?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In my opinion, i would take the Asus over MSI any day of the week. I dislike MSI due to their horrendous bios department. Instead of spending the time to get a decent bios done right, they release a mobo with a barely working bios and then spend the next year trying to fix the problems via bios updates. It is one thing to have several bios updates on a board over a years time when there are lots of changes being made specifically new cpu support, but MSI has close to 30 bios updates for a single mobo in only 9 months time. I got burned by MSI back in the day and they have yet to come close to winning me back. The only way i would ever buy an MSI board is if my only other choices were ECS and PCChips.

Asus boards for AM3 have been rock solid and very dependable. Sure you pay a premium for that, but that little bit extra is so much worth it vs the hours-weeks of frustration that can be had making a finiky board stable.

I'd take the ASUS over the MSI.

I haven't had any bad experience with MSI or seen any for that matter, but I am an ASUS fan (for good reason) and run a lot of their boards. DragoXT is right, ASUS is very good about keeping the BIOS up to date and fixing any problems that come along. I've also heard ASUS already announced BIOS updates for the new X6 AMD's coming out next month - no releases yet, of course, but I'm sure they'll be there when needed ... :)

Last edited:
Both are top of the line AM3 boards. I have the ASUS and absolutely love it! My computer is also themed with red LED fans and having the MSI GD70 board would just look wrong with all those darned BLUE LEDS. :rolleyes: I built a computer for a friend with the GD70 and a 955, and it has just as many crazy options in BIOS and runs sweet. You won't be disappointed with either!
My deciding factor tho, was that I found the PII 955 and M4A79T Deluxe on Newegg combo for $85 off, back in the middle of July after they released the 955!! :rock:

Back