• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

I have an Asus M4A79T Deluxe. I know an older board. Here's my issue. When I start the computer I get 1 beep followed by 3 quick beeps. From what I can find out the code means no video card detected or bad video ram. When the computer finally boots after multiple times restarting it, it runs fine. Is this a video card problem or a problem with the motherboard? I don't have another video card to try in the slot. The video card is an MSI Geforce 660ti. Help appreciated.

1 long and 3 shorts is GPU not detected or bad GPU.
But after looking at your sig, I would suspect the PSU first. It's very old and wasn't that great when it was new.

Anyway to check the power supply? I don't want to buy a new supply and that not be it. I haven't had any issues with this supply at all. What would be a good power supply if I figure out I need one?

Back