• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M5A97 PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

downey667

Having a serious problem here, ordered this motherboard as i ordered a new FX chip and needed an AM3+ socket. So i'm aware that you need to update bios for it to be compatible with an FX chip but i am using a phenom ii x 2 black edition in my build to update bios. everything is built correct but when i try to turn it on, the red cpu light flashes once and it just goes back to standby. does this sound like a faulty mobo? has anyone else experienced this?

Have you got the 24 pin ATX connector and the 4/8 pin Cpu power connector hooked up? It also is often a good idea to clear the CmoS during a build to get all the components recognized.

Probably not the same thing, but when I put my m5a97 evo system together my old power supply was too small. The fans came on for a split second, the little LED next to the cpu flashed and then shut off. I don't believe the green LED ever went out, IIRC.

Back