• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED asus M5A97 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

watcher6342

just installed new asus M5A97 mobo. used same psu,gpu,cpu and cooler as in sig. had it all hooked up and when i hit pwr button,nothing. the only thing i saw was the green light on the mobo. i'm thinking that i may have some wires in the wrong places. it's been about 3 yrs since last build and this mobo doesnt seem to have alot of info for where which wires go where. also, i changed ram to 8gb g skill sniper. can anyone give any assistance? thanks in advance.

I would start by checking the power switch on the case. Verify you have it on the right pins. If that still doesn't work, use a screwdriver to short the power button pins on the motherboard. If that doesn't work, I'd unplug all components from the power supply and jump the green wire to any black wire. This should power the PSU up. If that doesn't work, the PSU is dead.

the psu is new, replaced it not more than 8 months ago. it was also working prior to taking everything apart.

Maybe this will help:

Attachments

• board.JPG
    board.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 250
  • power.JPG
    power.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 231
  • FrontPanel.JPG
    FrontPanel.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 245
Back