• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5a99FX pro r2.0 + AMD FX 8350 Vishera (B.E)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmm ok ill check it now again, ill try to reset CMOS and try boot 8350 up...

fingers crossed... hoping also that my PSU is really working =/

Make sure you have powered down and no lights on the motherboard are glowing before you switch the jumper over and before you power back up again make sure the jumper is back to default position.

All done.. but still got the same problem...
Ill post a folder with the screenshot of the bios settings/these are the settings also that my Phenom II x6 1055t use and it works.

Please download the screenshots rar file.. (to lazy to upload and make link of each file >.<)
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gxi6o859ba5u6go

I'm too lazy to download and unpack the .rar file. If you expect people to offer help you need to be willing to make it as easy as possible for them to do so.

If I were you I'd try one more thing with regard to the FX-8350. Set the memory frequency, the HT Link, the CPUNB frequencies and the CPU core voltage manually . Sometimes, "Auto" gets it wrong. If these things do not solve the problem then I would start thinking the CPU might be bad. That's rare, but it does happen.

the settings also that my Phenom II x6 1055t use and it works. << He writes that and if true it is no wonder it will not boot right. Not enough Vcore to boot. Been a few Asrock boards floating around that have nearly the exact symptoms. The Vcore was not set high enough by default for some FX-8350 since the newer FX-8350 has default speed of 4.0Ghz which is stock speed of an overclocked FX-8150.

If I were you I'd try one more thing with regard to the FX-8350. Set the memory frequency, the HT Link, the CPUNB frequencies and the CPU core voltage manually . Sometimes, "Auto" gets it wrong. If these things do not solve the problem then I would start thinking the CPU might be bad. That's rare, but it does happen.

Sorry about that, I was trying my best to make a one .rar file of the screenshots to lessen the hassle of uploading each screenshots.

uhhmm any idea what values to set on the fields that you said?
Im just afraid of setting values that I myself is not sure.. :confused:

the settings also that my Phenom II x6 1055t use and it works. << He writes that and if true it is no wonder it will not boot right. Not enough Vcore to boot. Been a few Asrock boards floating around that have nearly the exact symptoms. The Vcore was not set high enough by default for some FX-8350 since the newer FX-8350 has default speed of 4.0Ghz which is stock speed of an overclocked FX-8150.

uhmm so what to do with my problem? Can you give me some idea on what to do?
Vcore= :shock:??

You need to set voltage manually. We dont have your CPU so we cant tell you exactly. My general rule is start off with the highest vCore your willing to run and see how far that can take you.

Try the CPU voltage at 1.35. That should be plenty to get it to boot but not so much that it would create a heat problem.

Try the HT Link and CPUNB (or just "NB") at 2400 mhz. I think that's stock for your CPU. The adjustment may be expressed as a frequency or a multiplier like 10x or 12x. Set it to 12x.

Make sure the HT Reference (aka, "CPU frequency" and "FSB") is at 200.

Make sue the memory speed is set to 1333 mhz.

Bios terminology varies considerably from one board to another so if you are uncertain as to where to locate these controls, please take a digital camera pic of the overclocking section of the bios and upload them with a post. Then we can spot them for you.

Try the CPU voltage at 1.35. That should be plenty to get it to boot but not so much that it would create a heat problem.

Try the HT Link and CPUNB (or just "NB") at 2400 mhz. I think that's stock for your CPU. The adjustment may be expressed as a frequency or a multiplier like 10x or 12x. Set it to 12x.

Make sure the HT Reference (aka, "CPU frequency" and "FSB") is at 200.

Make sue the memory speed is set to 1333 mhz.

Bios terminology varies considerably from one board to another so if you are uncertain as to where to locate these controls, please take a digital camera pic of the overclocking section of the bios and upload them with a post. Then we can spot them for you.

Ok ill try that.. the values that you given is really a big help for me to test.

@ALL
Really appreciate the help guys, im starting to love this forum primarily it has active members and it helps gather important information/tips/help/guides. Also it helps newb like me to somehow widen my knowledge about PC's and its components.

Here are my screenshots of the bios menus: http://www.mediafire.com/?gxi6o859ba5u6go
I uploaded it into 1 file, cause its like 10 screenshots.

Last edited:
Your link takes one to a web page that has a trojan virus and other malware according to microsoft security essentials.

Your link takes one to a web page that has a trojan virus and other malware according to microsoft security essentials.

ohh? Isn't mediafire safe? Ive been a mediafire user eversince but i didnt get any problems :shock:
maybe just a false-positive warning cause of the ADS??
im also using microsoft security essentials here, but no warnings.

To post scree shots go to " Go Advanced" and then clcik on the attachment tool "the paperclip" and upload your pics from there.

1. Take Overclock Tuner off of "Auto" and set it to "Manual".
2. Take CPU Offset Voltage off of "Auto" and increase it by whatever it takes to raise the 1.296 figure in the middle column to about 1.35.

Save and exit. The other voltages and frequencies look normal and appropriate. The only thing that looks wrong is the CPU voltage which at 1.296 seems too low for a CPU running at 4.0 ghz.

1. Take Overclock Tuner off of "Auto" and set it to "Manual".
2. Take CPU Offset Voltage off of "Auto" and increase it by whatever it takes to raise the 1.296 figure in the middle column to about 1.35.

Save and exit. The other voltages and frequencies look normal and appropriate. The only thing that looks wrong is the CPU voltage which at 1.296 seems too low for a CPU running at 4.0 ghz.

So i need to increase the fields:

CPU offset voltage:
and
CPU/NB Offset Voltage: ???

I already booted up in the OS and 1st it was smooth, and when i opened the CPU-Z program I can see the CPU voltage =1.4v but it suddenly drops and BOOM = FREEZE

No, not CPU/NB offset voltage. Just CPU Offset voltage. The CPU/NB component looks to have an appropriate amount of voltage already. It is part of the on die memory controller.

ohh? Isn't mediafire safe? Ive been a mediafire user eversince but i didnt get any problems :shock:
maybe just a false-positive warning cause of the ADS??
im also using microsoft security essentials here, but no warnings.

Yeah, it could be a false positives from the adds.

hmmm my core voltage now: 1.356v/1.400+
but when running cpu-z i noticed my core voltage drop top .900v....

everytime it drops to .900v my pc freeze
how to deal with this?

You notice the voltage drop in CPU-z because you still have the "green stuff" enabled that lowers voltages and frequencies to save power and reduce heat. Go into bios and disable Cool N Quiet and you won't see that voltage drop. Actually, it only does that when the machine is idling. As soon as you put a load to it Cool N Quiet lets go. But it is a little confusing and overclockers generally disable it because it makes it difficult to tell where your idle voltages are really at. While you're in bios, you might also want to disable AMD Turbo Core Technology, Core C6 State, C1E and APM Master Mode - more green stuff that messes with voltages and frequencies. But start with Cool N Quiet. If you are only using the stock cooler I'm afraid you are going to have temp problems if you disable all the green stuff. Are you using the stock cooler that came with the FX-8350? You should add that info to your Sig. It's very important.

So, I take it you are now able to boot into Windows with the FX-8350?

Back