• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M5A99x EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkhelm21

Hey guys
I have a new build that consists of the above mother board, AMD FX 8120, 16gb corsair vengeance, ocz 700w psu, and windows 7 home premium. Everything runs fine but anytime i try and use the auto tuner either VIA the UEFI Bios or in windows itself the PC becomes unstable in windows and will not boot correctly. Has anyone else had this issue? tpu and epu switches are off. Any ideas would be awesome.

Thanks

I have that problem too, but that's not a good way to overclock anyway. Especially since I've noticed it doesn't adjust the multiplier and raises the FSB, which alters your memory speed as well. The FX series has unlocked multiplier, and that's a much easier way to overclock and it doesn't effect the memory speed. I wouldn't suggest using any automatic overclocking software. Just play around with it on your own, raising it little by little and see what you can get. :thup:

Thanks Aldakoopa,
The manual settings did the trick. Appreciate the help and response!

Back