• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus Hero VIII RGB Header?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Correct me if I'm wrong but this version of the Asus Maximus Hero doesn't have an RGB header on the motherboard? That being said, how would I connect RGB cables from my Phanteks Halos Fan Frames?

Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this version of the Asus Maximus Hero doesn't have an RGB header on the motherboard? That being said, how would I connect RGB cables from my Phanteks Halos Fan Frames?

Thanks.

I suspect you will be correct on the motherboard not having an rgb header, I had a quick look and it wasn’t mentioned at all.

You will need some kind of hub that the frames plug into. I know many other companies do them like nzxt and Corsair however I haven’t seen one on the phanteks website and I suspect they don’t do one.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-hd-rgb-fan-led-controller

That’s from Corsair but I think it is specific to their fans and I am unsure about the compatibility.

Ok, I should have mentioned that I just bought a phanteks enthoo pro m SE case.

I plugged the SATA cable from the case hub into my current system and it does in fact power up all the LED's on the HALOS and power button! The phanteks case "reset" button acts as a cycle button which cycles through all the available colors. No special effects for me but w/e. I don't care, as long as I get to power up all the halos in sync and don't have to buy a new motherboard with RGB headers or a HUE.

I won't be able to sync the mobo RGB logo but meh...

Back