• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus ix formula bent mobo pin help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aem5668

Hey guys so I finally found out why my motherboard wouldn't post... there some bent pins on the 1151 socket. While I have done allot with computers I've never attempted to fix a bent pin and don't even know if I should. Is there another option besides trying to fix it myself or attempting an rma. Any advice would be appreciated.

Needle, magnifier and patience...

Could you take a high res pic?

RMA with ASUS for bent pins? Mwuahahaha! At best they charge you an arm and a leg (and a kidney!), at worst, they ignore you thanks to their legendary kindness!

That's what I figured from asus after my last gpu issues that they decided to take two months on. Any tips on the bending the pins?

How about a low Rez pic because my dslr is dead.

Last edited:
As long as it don't look like this
messpins.jpg
:rofl:
you might be able to bend it back, just take it slow and easy like what Tír na nÓg said.

also keep in mind you only need it to make contact with the pad. it doesnt have to be perfect. try not to bend it anymore than you absolutely have to. they break off realllly easy. GL!

Back