• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus VI Gene Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ryoku

Registered
Does anyone have one of these and know if you can fit 2 GPUs and a soundcard like ROG Xonar Phoebus or Sound Blaster Zx? Been awhile since I built a PC but I know in the past they tended to do dumb stuff like putting expansion slots you couldn't use on the mobo.

Last edited:
Unless you use single slot GPU's doesnt look like youre putting anything in the pci x4 slot, it is a mATXafter all.

Does have the mPCIe which I'm not familiar with at all.

Unless you use single slot GPU's doesnt look like youre putting anything in the pci x4 slot, it is a micro after all

That's what I figured, so I guess my only option is going to be going big on a single card.

If you're at 1080p I wouldn't be doing dual cards anyway. And a single 290/290x/780/780ti handle up to 2560*1440 pretty well anyway.

You could always get an external sound solution. External amp/dac combo. Avoid the internal clutter.

ya, I'm likely going to go with a single evga 780ti and a xonar phoebus sound card.

thanks for the input guys.

Back