• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Mobo Memory Voltage Wont Go Above 2.24v ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ahedgpe

I've got an Asus M3A78 mobo with 4gb of Supertalent ram (4x1gb, 800mhz). I have seen reviewers overclock the memory to 1066mhz by increasing the memory voltage to 2.3v. This mobo only shows it will increase voltage to 2.24v. Is there another way (in bios or 3rd party program) to increase the memory voltage beyond the 2.24v so I can reach 2.3v? I also checked AMD Overdrive but dont see an option to change memory voltage. Thanks

Hi ahedgpe,

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

I'd definitely recommend making the voltage changes within the BIOS. Also, make sure you're running the latest BIOS for that board.

Where are you viewing the resulting RAM voltage, once modified?

Let me know
-JT

Hi ahedgpe,

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

I'd definitely recommend making the voltage changes within the BIOS. Also, make sure you're running the latest BIOS for that board.

Where are you viewing the resulting RAM voltage, once modified?

Let me know
-JT

Thanks! I updated the bios earlier today to the latest version Asus has avaliable. I can change the voltage in the bios under the "Advanced -> Jumper Free Configuration -> Memory Timings and Voltage" area. It has the option for "Memory OverVoltage" but it can only be set within a range of 1.85v - 2.24375v. I changed the "Memory Clock Mode" to manual and went from 400 to 533 and then changed the "Memory OverVoltage" to 2.24v but the system will not boot. Is this mobo just not able to get to 2.3v?

Last edited:
You may be correct, the board may not be able to push the RAM to 2.3v. When you were reading the other reviews, were they using the same board?

Also check out the "Motherboard, Memory, & CPU Overclocking Guide" sticky @ the top of this forum. I may have missed something, and the guide has valuable information pertaining to voltages and such.

IF the newer bios does not go to 2.3Volts, then that is the end of the chase for that board. I doubt the circuitry is even on the board that could increase the voltage if you could rewrite the bios options.

There are very few DDR2 800 memory modules that will run at 1066 regardless of how much juice you put to them. I would strongly discourage you from overvolting your ram by very much. Ram is very easily damaged by overvolting.

Back